1985 tackle box open

Hi. just cracked open the old Plano 747 box. All kinds of goodies like strike king frogs NIP and Bill Dance baits

bunch of hard baits like torpedos and prop baits. Anyone know the brands of some of these. This wooden painted lure is interesting

2. Member
    Starting at the top Runt type probably Japan made, Throbber, Phillips Crippled Killer, Diamond Rattler by Jim Strader, top lure next pic it’s painted like a South Bend Nip-I-Diddee but the body shape is a little different, Cordell Crazy Shad?, Skip Jack, another Diamond Rattler. Last no idea.

3. Member
    Is the last one the underside of that wooden painted one?

4. Member
    thanks D.moore ! yes, the last photo is the underside of the wooden one.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea FC View Post
    thanks D.moore ! yes, the last photo is the underside of the wooden one.
    You are welcome!

6. Member
    upon further inspection of the diamond rattlers. The black one only has the front prop and it says Heddon on it. I googled around, but didn't find much of a connection. did Heddon buy them out? The eyes are exactly the same

7. Member
    upon further inspection of the diamond rattlers. The black one only has the front prop and it says Heddon on it. I googled around, but didn't find much of a connection. did Heddon buy them out? The eyes are exactly the same
    That’s a first for me. I don’t know if they did or not. But I’ll do some checking.

8. Member
    The wooden painted lure with the strange spotted paint job appears to be made by J.C. Griner Lure company . Do a web search on JC Griner Lures /"Images " and wooden lures with the same paint scheme will be displayed

9. Member
    That's a first for me too. Do you think someone could have added a heddon prop to it?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    That's a first for me too. Do you think someone could have added a heddon prop to it?
    Darren you are correct. I miss read his post. I looked back at the prop and it appears to be a prop from a Heddon torpedo.

11. Member
    It's definitely a matching prop to some old Heddon torpedos. I guess someone must have replaced it and also removed the back one. Maybe the Heddon prop got more bites

12. Member
    Thanks for the pictures. There are some classics in there and have always had a soft spot for the Heddon River Runts.

Nice