Reelfoot Crappies

I am planning on taking my son and nephew for a couple days fishing on their spring break and I was thinking about going to Reelfoot. I'm not much of a crappie fisherman, as in never fished specifically for crappie ever, but I figured if they are biting then it might give the boys something to do. I guy I know has been down there before and he said he stayed in Samburg? Is this a good area to go and are the crappie biting? We are thinking about heading down there this coming Sunday and staying overnight.
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

2. Member
    Reelfoot is a tough pond. It’s cliché but 90% of the fish are in 10% of the lake in my experience. If you’re gonna be there a few days might be worth going guided the first day. Samburg has lots of accommodations, the whole town economy is based around the lake and tourism. I’ve stayed at Southshore a few times and have been pleased. I can’t offer much in terms of how to catch them as I’ve yet to find that 10% of the lake that has the fish lol. It’s an absolutely beautiful place and even though the fishing sucks for me most every time I go, the fish do live there in good numbers if you can find them and it’s scenic enough to make it worth the trip even if I don’t catch much.