Thread: Shrader valve

Shrader valve

The threads on my starboard rail shrader valve are damaged. The cap will not snug up and pretty sure would be the same for gauges. I would like to replace it. Looked at the parts diagram and put what I thought was it in my cart but the description was a “valve kit”. Was kinda pricey too. Just wanted to make sure I’m looking at the right part. 8M0047053. Is this the correct part number?
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

2. Member
    This was shared with me from lpugh when I had a leaking schrader. Maybe this will work for you.

"Ford dealerships will have a Schrader that will work I think, 1986 thru about 2004 vehicles that have a test port virtually all v8 motors.
    Also ACDelco Fuel Rail Schrader Valve Kits 88894338 Summit racing has these"

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apdriver View Post
    The threads on my starboard rail shrader valve are damaged. The cap will not snug up and pretty sure would be the same for gauges. I would like to replace it. Looked at the parts diagram and put what I thought was it in my cart but the description was a “valve kit”. Was kinda pricey too. Just wanted to make sure I’m looking at the right part. 8M0047053. Is this the correct part number?
    thats it yes
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishingKY View Post
    This was shared with me from lpugh when I had a leaking schrader. Maybe this will work for you.

"Ford dealerships will have a Schrader that will work I think, 1986 thru about 2004 vehicles that have a test port virtually all v8 motors.
    Also ACDelco Fuel Rail Schrader Valve Kits 88894338 Summit racing has these"
    that p/n shows to thread into valve , so it would be the sealing part of valve only ap is looking for complete part of rail assy
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    that p/n shows to thread into valve , so it would be the sealing part of valve only ap is looking for complete part of rail assy
    I looked at that also. Yes I need the outside and inside. Now there’s an Oring that goes on the base of the valve. Will it come with the valve kit or do I need the Oring kit also? Part # 804840.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

6. Member
    looks like your gonna have to get orings also , and dont loose your cap doesnt show to either

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Schrader valve kit comes with the complete valve assembly, including cap ready to install. Replaced many of them.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thanks guys for your help. I’ll order one shortly.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Schrader valve kit comes with the complete valve assembly, including cap ready to install. Replaced many of them.