What should I check first.

Saturday I fished a really windy day and decided to cross a 5 mile stretch of water to
    get out of the wind. The ride across was brutal but after that i found an area I wanted to try and put the TM down.
    I have a Solix 15” on the bow and it had power but will not read bottom so no depth reading, in fact except for the grid on the right margin there is no picture.

The mapping works but again no depth reading.
    where would you start the trouble shooting.

**additional info**
    I run the top of the line Ultrex with a built in transducer.
    Last edited by Kromer; 03-28-2023 at 01:29 PM.

2. Member
    Did you try turning off the transducer then back on? I've had issues where mine quit reading the level and just show straight lines for bottom. Turned transducer off then on and all was working again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    Saturday I fished a really windy day and decided to cross a 5 mile stretch of water to
    get out of the wind. The ride across was brutal but after that i found an area I wanted to try and put the TM down.
    I have a Solix 15” on the bow and it had power but will not read bottom so no depth reading, in fact except for the grid on the right margin there is no picture.

The mapping works but again no depth reading.
    where would you start the trouble shooting.

**additional info**
    I run the top of the line Ultrex with a built in transducer.
    I would look at resetting defaults on the unit and see if the issue resolves. You could start with resetting the defaults on the sonar settings first then progress to resetting the whole unit. If it is a transducer issue, obviously resetting defaults will not resolve the issue. Also, confirm you are getting a good voltage to the unit. I had some very weird stuff start happening on my units when my cranking battery started getting low voltage.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    I fished today (yeah I know its Wednesday) and I did a default reset as suggested, it worked.
    One strange thing though is I get a "ping disabled" message and the scrolling stops, then it starts again.

Ideas?

Assuming based on the info you gave, this ducer is on or built into the trolling motor. Along with the info about the rough ride. I would say check all your connections for any water intrusion or corrosion on the pins. Also, obviously ensure they are fully seated and tight. Not cross threaded, making you think they are tight but the pins are only partially seated in the connector.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS