Switching GEN3 Noco Genius to Charge Lithiums

Hello all,
    Wondering if my Noco Genius Gen3 3 bank 30A onboard charger can charge lithium batteries? If so, how do I go about adjusting it so it charges lithiums rather than the interstates that it's currently charging? The new models simply have a button to push and it toggles from one type of battery to another. However, I'm not seeing a button on my charger.

Also, I've left mutliple messages with NOCO directly about my questions and have yet to hear back from them. Customer service not the greatest. :(

Thanks!
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

2. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    No, the Genius 3 is a lead acid/AGM only. Just had to swap mine out for a Genius 5.
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

3. Member
    If you plan on upgrading, Im about to order a new charger for my lead acids. If you want to sell it, PM me

4. Member
    Thanks cmclairday2 for the info. Noco got back with me and also confirmed the Gen3's are not compatible with lithiums. Looks like I'll be upgrading chargers.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    not compatible with lithium need the noco gen pro or a minn kota pcl be sure to go 10 amps per bank. Depending on what lithiums your thinking of going to we could utalize it in combination with a run and gun charger to give you both on and off water charging capability using your current noco if interested contact me.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    not compatible with lithium need the noco gen pro or a minn kota pcl be sure to go 10 amps per bank. Depending on what lithiums your thinking of going to we could utalize it in combination with a run and gun charger to give you both on and off water charging capability using your current noco if interested contact me.
    Thanks!

7. Member
    Went through the same thing last year when I put in a Relion 100HP. Didn't trust my flawless ol' PC460 and bought the NOCO Genius 4*10. Works great so far as it also charges my old VMAX tank AGM's. Next will be replacing the AGM's when they crap out. Some have suggested using the old MK PC460 but I felt a little better getting the NOCO after spending 1 large on a starting battery.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Went through the same thing last year when I put in a Relion 100HP. Didn't trust my flawless ol' PC460 and bought the NOCO Genius 4*10. Works great so far as it also charges my old VMAX tank AGM's. Next will be replacing the AGM's when they crap out. Some have suggested using the old MK PC460 but I felt a little better getting the NOCO after spending 1 large on a starting battery.
    Great info - pulled the trigger on the exact same NOCO this morning. I bought 2 Relion 100AH batteries for my trolling motor and just like you, gonna wait until my Interstate AGM goes out before I replace it with a Relion.

The new generation of NOCO chargers have a selector button to chose the battery type. Lithium is one of the charging options. The NOCO that I have that is 11 years old does not charge lithium batteries.

here is a link to the newest generation of chargers that support lithium batteries...

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GENPRO10...51612506&psc=1

10. Member
    I've got the noco gen 3 4 bank charger. I've been charging my 3 lithiums along with my crank battery for 3 years now with no issues at all.