Bobs Action Jack - standard holeshot plate vs performance plate

For the Bob's Action Jack, can anyone compare the two available holeshot plates? It comes stock with the "standard" plate which was described to me as fitting "up inside" the jackplate, or you can add on the performance holeshot plate which is bolted onto the bottom of the rails which may provide better coverage? It also has a turned down lip which Bob's says helps with holeshot as well.

I've been told the standard one is fine and all anyone needs, but have also been told the perf plate is better due to more coverage. Peformance plate is a tap and drill install, but installed at factory if ordered with jackplate, so it's much simpler to order with the jackplate if going that direction, vs say adding it later. So if that's the one to get I'd rather order it from the start.

I do plan to mount one (possibly two) Structure Scan style transducers, and primarily am looking at the plate for that as well as controlling water/backsplash when coming off plane. But if the standard plate will handle that I don't see the need to spend the extra $125 for the "performance" version?

If your mounting any side scan type transducer to the jack plate then its better to have the Peformance plate to avoid any jack plate echo on your graph

when you have an open area inside the jack plate your side image signal bounces around in there and create an echo on your graphs screen

having a plate that is flush mounted avoid this

See post #4 for examples of jack plate echo
    https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1215890
    "The handicapped angler"

I have the standard. I believe the performance will just cover more of the bottom. I don’t seem to have an issue with hole shot by any means with the standard. B2801128-F2E9-42FC-A0B5-E9D7357FEA50.jpeg737B5FE1-5588-414F-B2EF-4D2410358E7E.jpeg

I also just got this from bobs https://bobsmachine.com/product/jack...nsducer-mount/ for the side of the plate and you can mount a transducer to it.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    If your mounting any side scan type transducer to the jack plate then its better to have the Peformance plate to avoid any jack plate echo on your graph

when you have an open area inside the jack plate your side image signal bounces around in there and create an echo on your graphs screen

having a plate that is flush mounted avoid this

See post #4 for examples of jack plate echo
    https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1215890
    Yeah I have my own example too lol - this is from my setup (Slidemaster 12", no holeshot plate, transom mounted transducer), so am specifically looking to correct this echo as part of the new Bob's setup. My hope is moving the 'ducer to the JP and the holeshot plate will clean up the left side echo...

Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    I have the standard. I believe the performance will just cover more of the bottom. I don’t seem to have an issue with hole shot by any means with the standard. B2801128-F2E9-42FC-A0B5-E9D7357FEA50.jpeg737B5FE1-5588-414F-B2EF-4D2410358E7E.jpeg

I also just got this from bobs https://bobsmachine.com/product/jack...nsducer-mount/ for the side of the plate and you can mount a transducer to it.
    Good pics, thanks - I have not been able to see what the standard plate looks like. Does it block the jackplate echo sufficiently? I am more worried about echo than holeshot with my setup...

I wasn't aware of the Bob's transducer mount, I will check that out as well. Much less expensive than TS&S for sure.

C88DAD93-F0C3-4DF2-AE86-520184412622.jpeg301E3760-EDDF-46F5-BC35-A1FB0BFFFA51.jpeg Both graphs running same time. Photo of a photo lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MLF Invitationals Angler

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Good pics, thanks - I have not been able to see what the standard plate looks like. Does it block the jackplate echo sufficiently? I am more worried about echo than holeshot with my setup...

I wasn't aware of the Bob's transducer mount, I will check that out as well. Much less expensive than TS&S for sure.
    it’s pretty nice bracket. But the hardware they send for mounting the bracket to the jack plate is too small imo and I had to go to the store and pick up some bolts about 1/2” longer. You can see it in my photos on the starboard side. I find the lower you can get that transducer in the water the better your image will be.

MLF Invitationals Angler

The early action plates came with the turned down plate. At least mine did, of course I won it here on this site in a drawing.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team