Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Good brave police work, much better than the cowardly actions of Texas LEO.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Too many sick people in this world and thank God for those willing to serve to keep us safe from them. Prayers for all the families.
    ^^^^^This^^^^^
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Police all over the country need to make it known that active shooters in the future will not be arrested. No more taking them down and arresting them. If you're an active shooter you will be shot as soon as possible.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Good brave police work, much better than the cowardly actions of Texas LEO.
    With all due respect, Uvalde LEOs that were present would be more accurate. I don't assume you're part of the inbred Fugate Family just because you list Kentucky as your location.
    2014 920/SHO

5. Member
    Way to go officers! They did one heck of a job under terrible circumstances!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    I am not sure, scratch that, I know I would not want to live where the police are judge and jury, and enforcers. I DESPISE these shootings! That being said we have already gave up enough of our freedoms as we continue to slide down hill.
    I despise these shootings, too. But, my concern is for the responding officers and victims…not for the active shooter.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

7. Member
    Glad they reacted and ended the threat so fast. Just sad the situation happened, my heart breaks for the people that lost someone to this evil violence.

8. Member
    https://mises.org/power-market/polic...ool%20of%20Law.

Good job by these officers here!

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    I was talking about 'Due Process', as guaranteed by the 14th Amendment.

I am completely comfortable with the police engaging a suspect who is in the act of shooting at innocents ,as was the case here, with as many bullets as they feel neccessary to eliminate the threat to any amd everyone else with extreme predjudice.

10. Banned
    Police all over the country need to make it known that active shooters in the future will not be arrested. No more taking them down and arresting them. If you're an active shooter you will be shot as soon as possible.
    While I agree, I just don't think that's much of a deterrent. I think it's what most want!

They didn't have school shootings when the Constitution was written.
    Or cars, airplanes, cell phones, the internet, as many drugs both legal and illegal, more than 2 sexes and the list goes on. What's the point?

11. Member
    100%

12. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rulebender View Post
    I am completely comfortable with the police engaging a suspect who is in the act of shooting at innocents ,as was the case here, with as many bullets as they feel neccessary to eliminate the threat to any amd everyone else with extreme predjudice.

As am I...

My point, however (and I believe John's, as well), was that in the case(s) where one of these cowardly chitbags has put down their weapon(s) and is in the act of surrendering to law enforcement, that unfortunately (because of that pesky 14th Amendment), the officers on scene can't simply just shoot them... as in the whole "Judge, jury and executioner" thing.

That's a slippery slope that we, as a nation, certainly don't want to go down.
    Who controls John Gill?

As am I...

My point, however (and I believe John's, as well), was that in the case(s) where one of these cowardly chitbags has put down their weapon(s) and is in the act of surrendering to law enforcement, that unfortunately (because of that pesky 14th Amendment), the officers on scene can't simply just shoot them... as in the whole "Judge, jury and executioner" thing.

I agree but as far as I know that situation is not what has happened.

14. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rulebender View Post
    I agree but as far as I know that situation is not what has happened.

And I never claimed that it did... The officers in this situation acted swiftly and decisively and I back their actions completely.
    Who controls John Gill?

15. Member
    Normally isn't it part of their motive to be killed in the process? Kind of suicide by cop thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Normally isn't it part of their motive to be killed in the process? Kind of suicide by cop thing.
    Probably in many cases but it doesn't appear to be in all. If anyone contemplating a school shooting (or any place else), it might possibly deter some from doing it if they knew they wouldn't be on the news, wouldn't be going to trial, wouldn't be famous.

17. Member
    As am I...

Yes as per the letter of the law goes but for the greater good of society I'm okay with them making that decision for something like this. Not like they are going to be rehabilitated and ever enter back into society.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    100%
    the moment they kill a child they get no 5th or 14th amend. shoot em on sight
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

Amazing job!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    the moment they kill a child they get no 5th or 14th amend. shoot em on sight
    Agree. Or let me do it. I’d be happy to pull the trigger.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast