Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    And regarding Boyd, I listened to a BTL episode and Pangrac said that BASS had to call him like 5 months after he won his Classic on Lay Lake because they thought he'd lost his check since it hadn't been cashed yet. When they called him he couldn't remember what he'd done with it and ended up finding it in one of his shirt pockets a few days later

I'd say he's been doing alright for awhile now lol
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    BASS miraculously found money to pay every single spot following the split also.
    BINGO.

I personally don't think it was the entry fees as much as it was the payouts.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    I think bass is worth 5-7 million. That is just the name, everything else that own is not worth anything. Hard to be worth anything without tv dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by cg2fish View Post
    I think bass is worth 5-7 million. That is just the name, everything else that own is not worth anything. Hard to be worth anything without tv dollars.

They have TV dollars through Fox. Both Fox Sports and Fox itself. They actually just recently signed another extension with Fox.

5. Member
    Funny no one has mentioned the revenue that BASS gets from its magazine subscriptions and sales. That is no small stream.

6. Bob G's pool boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    They have TV dollars through Fox. Both Fox Sports and Fox itself. They actually just recently signed another extension with Fox.

If you watch from 14:55-18:30 you will clearly see why they value BASS. Stud.
    Last edited by billspence; 03-28-2023 at 05:05 PM. Reason: I never should have given Bob G my password.

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

Quote Originally Posted by billspence View Post

Looking good bill

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    Funny no one has mentioned the revenue that BASS gets from its magazine subscriptions and sales. That is no small stream.
    Funny no one has mentioned all of the membership money MLF takes in each year. You have to be a member to fish the events, and they have way more people fishing their events than BASS.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    Yep. The money has always been there, they've just been greedy with it.

Bottom line is, if they were listening to the anglers then the split would've never happened, period. Multiple (former) elite anglers have came out and said that they were tired of the same payouts and BASS did nothing.

Do the math on what the entries cost for elites & opens and then look at the payouts, plus the costs of memberships. And from what some people on here claim, BASS should be making enough just off municipality money by what they're charging for a classic. And let's not forget, not too long ago their Opens winners were getting a brand new boat that was offered by a sponsor, and BASS would claim the winner gets $50k. I don't think their overhead costs are as much as some people think, and even if they are it looks to me like nobody there is eating Ramen Noodles for dinner every night.
    Lmfao at this entire post!!

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    That's for sure...... The Big Money was made by the first and second ownership of B.A.S.S. especially when Helen and her partners sold it to ESPN.
    And what did B.A.S.S. Scott and Sevier have that ESPN and after did not?

11. Member
    Is BASS a for profit or non profit?

12. Member
    It's a for profit, but most years it's probably a non profit.

13. Member
    I will double that offer

14. Member
    If Boyd would have bought it. It would have been a game changer with change. Change , changed back , grow the sport and repeat.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    They must be profiting a good bit to get laughed out of the room at a million dollar valuation.
    Million for a business really isn’t much, and for one with the exposure of BASS is nothing. We’ve got rental property that people drive by everyday and think nothing of, but worth well over a million by revenue and we’d laugh at that offer. A local marina just sold for 8 mill and outside of Kentucky lake it’s unknown. Million bucks ain’t much anymore when trucks and boats can bump 100k

16. Member
    Why would they pay their anglers more? Sure, some left and started a competing league. Others took their place. From what I read on here, a majority of your stayed and watched the BASS tourneys. If they lost a bunch of income over it, I'm sure they would have switched. I'm guessing they didn't lose a lot.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Are they actually making much money from it though? I know it’s a multi year “partnership”, but I thought it was mainly a deal with bass handling production and splitting ad revenue in exchange for the TV exposure.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Are they actually making much money from it though? I know it’s a multi year “partnership”, but I thought it was mainly a deal with bass handling production and splitting ad revenue in exchange for the TV exposure.
    I do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Lmfao at this entire post!!
    Enlighten us
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billspence View Post

I don’t know why you started editing posts, but your effort and consistency is commendable.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast