Cherokee conditions

Heading to Cherokee on the 10th for a week, hopefully to hit the bronze spawn. Anyone know what the water temp and lake conditions are?I see the level is still low. Thanks y’all
    2022 1875 Lund Renegade XS
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

2. Member
    17 feet low right now......water temp in the river was 63 degrees on Sunday and 53 on lower end.

3. Member
    Roger smallies tend to spawn at what water temp?
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sll View Post
    17 feet low right now......water temp in the river was 63 degrees on Sunday and 53 on lower end.
    Thanks for the info,
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

5. Member
    Usually around 58-60 degrees they are getting ready to do their thing. Don't let the 63 degree water temp in the river I mentioned fool you as it came up 6-7 degrees in just a few days due to a rather warm spell of 80 degree temps for a few days last week. It isn't like it has been stable at that water temp for a few weeks. Assuming you are looking at targeting SM on the lower end of the lake you should hit the timing pretty good around the 10th if we don't get some freakish snow storm between now and then. We have had a very mild winter here this year......not even had any measurable snow to mention all winter.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sll View Post
    Usually around 58-60 degrees they are getting ready to do their thing. Don't let the 63 degree water temp in the river I mentioned fool you as it came up 6-7 degrees in just a few days due to a rather warm spell of 80 degree temps for a few days last week. It isn't like it has been stable at that water temp for a few weeks. Assuming you are looking at targeting SM on the lower end of the lake you should hit the timing pretty good around the 10th if we don't get some freakish snow storm between now and then. We have had a very mild winter here this year......not even had any measurable snow to mention all winter.
    That sounds really good, sure do appreciate the info, absolutely love Cherokee, usually make 2-3 trips a yr from Indiana, this will be my 8th time. Going to retire in 4 yrs looking for somewhere in that area to settle, my father in-law had a cabin in cookville for 30yrs before he passed on. Something about Tennessee and the folks down the just fills my heart and soul. Thanks again
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"