Thread: Lithium Battery

Lithium Battery

I know Lithium Batteries have come a long way since first introduced. Curious if anyone has heard of any misfortunes or opinions on running a lithium cranking battery on 250 pro xs 2 stroke? Looking at another Impulse Lithium to run parallel. I bought a power pole charge and was not aware it was basically a two bank charger and that the two batteries for electronics and cranking have to be the exact same to get full advantage of power pole charge.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

The alternator on your Optimax engine was designed to:

"Maintain the Fully-Charged state of ONE Properly Rated, Correct Design, Engine Cranking Battery".

At present, Mercury Marine does not recommend (and has not approved) Lithium use with any of the 2-stroke (including Optimax) product.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor