New Apex units and Mega Live interference

I just got done installing an Apex 19 on my bow and an Apex 13 on my console. I am running Mega 360, Mega Live, and DI from my Ultrex trolling motor on my Apex 19. I removed my ethernet hub because it was not needed any longer when using Apex units since they have dual ethernet ports. I have been trying to get my Mega live running but am getting major rings on the screen. I only have the one Apex 19 on the bow because I figured it would be big enough to split screen and run mega 360 on half and mega live on the other half. I only have one Apex 13 on the console as well. No other graphs in the network. Here is what I have tried so far.

1. Updated all graphs to 4.13 and Mega live to 1.200
    2. Apex 19, mega 360, and mega live are hooked to a dedicated battery that does not have any charger hooked up to it. Dedicated 10ga wire ran to the battery with nothing else plugged in to it.
    3. Apex 13 is running to my cranking battery. I ran a dedicated 12ga wire to the battery just for this graph directly to the cranking battery. This battery is not hooked up to any charger as well.
    4. Tried to play with interference rejection setting but still have a major solid ring all the time.

I do not have any chokes installed on any of my power lines yet. I have read tonight about changing frequencies on difference transducers to eliminate interference. I have not tried this yet but isn't that backwards thinking. We buy all the mega transducers to have the clearest and best images but have to turn it off to make it run correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    So is anybody able to run Mega 360 and Mega Live at the same time on one head unit without interference?

4. Member
    I will need to update all my stuff soon----pretty disappointed I have to update to the latest update knowing its bad but, I don't have a choice.

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    This is a known issue with the 4.130 Solix/Apex and Mega Live 1.200 Updates. Humminbird is working on it but it's unknown at this point how quickly the fix will be coming out.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

6. Member
    Why don't we do what they do in the Garmin forum? Have a stickied thread with all the update versions so Humminbird users aren't forced into bad updates

7. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foo View Post
    Why don't we do what they do in the Garmin forum? Have a stickied thread with all the update versions so Humminbird users aren't forced into bad updates
    There already is a Software update Sticky Thread which covers Helix/Solix/Apex updates :

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=428742
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    There already is a Software update Sticky Thread which covers Helix/Solix/Apex updates :

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=428742
    No I mean like the Garmin forum does---post the actual update file. That way people could choose which update they want instead of being forced into a bad update like I have to now.

9. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    No I mean like the Garmin forum does---post the actual update file. That way people could choose which update they want instead of being forced into a bad update like I have to now.
    There are several reasons I wouldn't be in favor of doing this for the Humminbird Units. Mostly, if it was just "the update file" that would be one thing but, with Humminbird, it would be a much larger effort than it is for Garmin. Unlike the myriad of Humminbird updates based on the specific model (especially for Helix), the Garmin updates are more "generic" in the fact that a single update covers more of the product line.

Your best bet, if you want an earlier update (you can read the Thread I referenced for the specifics on each update), is to post a request on BBC or maybe Facebook to see if somebody has it saved and can send it to you. With that said, the odds of not getting the correct file (especially for Helix) is high.

10. Member
    I have tried on this forum and no luck. I asked for Solix 4.070 and Mega Live 1.170 update for SOLIX GEN 3.

I really don't like the idea of updating to a known bad update but, there is 12 inches of snow coming and the lakes have not even begun to thaw so, I unfortunately have plenty of time for Humminbird to come out with the new corrected update. I will wait and see what happens.

I have tried on this forum and no luck. I asked for Solix 4.070 and Mega Live 1.170 update for SOLIX GEN 3.

I really don't like the idea of updating to a known bad update but, there is 12 inches of snow coming and the lakes have not even begun to thaw so, I unfortunately have plenty of time for Humminbird to come out with the new corrected update. I will wait and see what happens.
    I have attempted to upload the SOLIX software to Dropbox to share, but I don't have a good enough internet connection to get that large file to load.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Thanks Wayne I appreciate the effort. I will see if I can't figure something out to get that file.

13. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar

I have the Mega Live 1.170 update for Solix/Apex I can send you but, since I use Apex, I don't have the Solix 4.070.

14. Member
    Appreciate the offer...I will get back to you soon on this.