Mercury 150 4-stroke missing at idle

We are coming up on Spring Break and I don't want to take the boat in and miss taking by sons fishing on Kentucky Lake that week. This past weekend the motor was missing (like a mild "thump") on occasion while idling out of the marina. Once the throttle was applied and got up to speed, it ran fine.

Can this wait a few trips before it needs to be taken in? I assume it could be spark plugs, as I don't think I have changed the plugs in 50 hours or so.

Thanks

2. #FRB
    Take this question to the Mercury 4-stroke forum a little ways down the list on here. Make sure you include your serial number to avoid being asked to read the forum rules.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

3. Banned
    Word i got was it is idling to company specs. Rough as a cob.

This may not be your problem but worth a look

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEark71 View Post
    We are coming up on Spring Break and I don't want to take the boat in and miss taking by sons fishing on Kentucky Lake that week. This past weekend the motor was missing (like a mild "thump") on occasion while idling out of the marina. Once the throttle was applied and got up to speed, it ran fine.

Can this wait a few trips before it needs to be taken in? I assume it could be spark plugs, as I don't think I have changed the plugs in 50 hours or so.

You didn't happen to get gas from Kirk's gas station last summer did you? Try the Mercury fuel treatment.

Thanks
    You didn't happen to get gas from Kirk's gas station last summer did you? Try the Mercury fuel treatment.
    2020 Phoenix Pro XP 919 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225