Thread: Caitlyn Clark

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Caitlyn Clark

That gal can play! A triple double capped by 41 points in the Elite Eight? She reminds me of Larry Bird. At first glance, you might think she's pretty good but you wouldn't expect her to be take-over-the-game good. And like Larry or MJ, she wants the ball when the game is on the line. More often than not, she gets it done. Sometimes she's barely over half court when she launches a 3.

Reg season highlight reel:

2. Member
    She is truly ridiculous. I was at a rib joint eating supper last night and her play off game was on the TV. I swear that she looks a whole lot like Steph Curry playing.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Skeeter View Post
    She is truly ridiculous. I was at a rib joint eating supper last night and her play off game was on the TV. I swear that she looks a whole lot like Steph Curry playing.
    Yup, Curry is a good comparison too

4. Member
    I’m a big fan of the women’s game and Clark is the best I’ve seen!!! Watched her play my Wolverines (a pretty solid Tournament team this year) and she looked like a Pro playing with HS players. A 3 level scorer who averages nearly 10 assists per game. All this at around 150lbs. Incredible talent that is well worth the cost of admission.

I've watched alot of her games and she truly is something special! Besides her shooting talents, the girl is an absolutely incredible passer!! She really does seem like a female version of Steph Curry!
    2003 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    2003 Evinrude 225HO

Great shooter but shitty attitude, female LeBron. She needs to learn some humility and sportsmanship and that's putting it nicely.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Great shooter but shitty attitude, female LeBron. She needs to learn some humility and sportsmanship and that's putting it nicely.
    Sadly, that seems to be the norm these days. Still lots of good kids in the game but showboating and taunting is more evident with each season. (And, yes, I know Bird and MJ both did it too but they were more discreet)

8. Member

vibe I get as well
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

9. Member
    We were in Seattle watching this weekend. The crazy part is in person it feels like she is scoring 16 when it’s 31.

Caitlin’s looking so much to pass, the in person viewer has to stay sharp on all the teammates because if they get open a ball is zinging their way. It happens fast and often.

I warned the fan behind us yesterday and the lady didn’t believe it. Next thing we know it’s 41 and it felt like 25 and the fans stops me to talk about how crazy it “felt”.

Some of the best action in the game against Louisville was actually the defense by Gabby Marshall in the second half on Hailey Von Lith. Hailey is a stone cold scorer (and grinds at it) but little Gabby was glued to her. A very nice effort.

Not that anyone cares but the players and parents were pretty darn classy. We lucked out on seats and had a chance to talk to some (and ex-players) and they are like a very large, sweet family.

Virginia Tech had some great fans/families too.

10. Member
    Her teammates love her. I’ll take their opinions over some random dude from Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Her teammates love her. I’ll take their opinions over some random dude from Indiana.
    Cause she carries them, duh!! They'd be nowhere without her and quite frankly she's a bitch. Her gesture towards Hailey last night was bs. Plenty of video out there of her arguing with refs, begging for calls constantly and trash talking her opponents non stop. She'll get put in her place in the wbna pretty quickly.

12. Member
    Cause she carries them, duh!! They'd be nowhere without her and quite frankly she's a bitch. Her gesture towards Hailey last night was bs. Plenty of video out there of her arguing with refs, begging for calls constantly and trash talking her opponents non stop. She'll get put in her place in the wbna pretty quickly.
    She’s going to own the WNBA just like she owns space in your noggin. You sound jelly, which makes sense coming from Irrelevant Indiana.

13. Member
    If you can walk the walk you can talk the talk. What's the difference in her trash talking and you talking trash on her ?

14. Member
    Freakish good.

15. Member
    You do realize that Hailey and Caitlin were roommates on team USA right? Hailey is a really good player and seems to like to play angry. At the end Hailey was trying to get riled up after she fouled out Szinano. This was with what 2 minutes left… after cutting the lead from 22 down to 12 when Iowa tried to sub in some bench players. Reading Clark’s lips from row B…. “Hailey, your down 12”.

Iowa doesn’t get much to cheer about (Coach Gables been retired a long time) so they seem to travel incredibly well to support their women’s basketball. Caitlin seems to know how to keep that crowd pumped. Didn’t they sell out their arenas almost 15,000 seats the last few games? I’d much rather watch that than the pros playing essentially 1 on 1 for a gazillion dollars. Which is why we fish instead for entertainment.

South Carolina will crush them all anyway. It’s like 8th graders playing at against their 4th grade little brothers.

16. Member
    My wife played point guard and won a state championship, and she's very impressed with Clark, great player!!

Well...Caitlin and Hailey have played together and are apparently on friendly terms, so it looks like that was just some shit talking amongst friends!
    Kinda sounds like someone is bitter about Caitlin's last second 3 point dagger against Indiana in the last regular season game of the year!!

https://www.kcrg.com/2023/03/26/room...ite-8-matchup/
    2003 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    2003 Evinrude 225HO

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smjunior25 View Post
    I've watched alot of her games and she truly is something special! Besides her shooting talents, the girl is an absolutely incredible passer!! She really does seem like a female version of Steph Curry!
    I wouldnt compare her to that POS. Im thinking more like Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    She’s going to own the WNBA just like she owns space in your noggin. You sound jelly, which makes sense coming from Irrelevant Indiana.
    Theres something to brag about. A league that can't even turn a profit.

Comparing female athletes to male athletes oh, ok.....
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

20. Member
    What does she need to be humble about and when did she have a sportsmanship issue? She plays with a competitive fire (Not unlike Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc.), why does she have to fit in the 'Sweet little Girl' box? Better put the New Balance on and limp outside, I think someone is on your lawn!
    Last edited by BassDaggett; 03-28-2023 at 07:59 AM.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast