USA Automatic Transmission Shudder Cure DURA LUBE

2008 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 128,000 miles has transmission shudder upon deceleration at 2nd gear. (6 speed transmission). Friend suggested Dura Lube additive. My mechanic believes in it. He drained the transmission & changed the filter … He said put a few hundred miles on it & if it still has the shudder we’re looking at a transmission. It was GONE within 15 miles but I immediately noticed a difference of how smooth the transmission shifted upon leaving the shop.

UPDATE 4/6/2023

So much for the transmission shudder being gone. One week later it started to return. I continued driving it when a friend suggested another shop. After talking to the owner he said it doesn’t sound like the transmission. He suggested don’t do anything to the transmission until I get a fuel management delete chip that plugs into the computer. I ordered from Amazon the “AFM” KZI ACTIVE FUEL MANAGEMENT DELETE. Transmission shifts as advertised up/down without shudder. The AFM chip keeps the engine running on 8 cyl instead of 4 cyl or continuously searching on whether to run on 8 or 4. It now runs continuously on 8 cylinders. Shudder gone.
    Last edited by f16 1ub; 04-06-2023 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Updated