More baskets found on falls.

Guys please don’t ignore bouys or floating objects in the lake that are in unusual areas. I found two baskets today at falls the were set up like a place where they’re trying to grow grass at falls. I really hate cheaters! I pulled up the baskets and took them. I called wildlife and reported it and told them where i left the baskets hidden on land so they could pick them up. Its was obvious they had been there for a while.
    84415D9F-75C7-4D68-B715-A6DF090B0D2F.jpeg

2. Member
    nice job, no time for cheaters!

3. Member
    Doubt anyone cheating would mark their basket with a buoy, if they did there are too stupid to be a threat. You might have just called WL with the coords and let them handle it.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

4. Member
    First, I want to say that I believe there are more good people that fish than bad people. A lot of hammers that do not cheat, and respect 100%. BUT There are cheaters around us and you wouldn't think they cheat. I am not accusing people but it is VERY VERY VERY easy to cheat in a bass tournament. Whether it is fishing during off limits, caging fish, hole sitting, texting during tournament hours, having a buddy not in the tournament scouting out schooling fish and texting you when they find it, ANYTHING. All that is cheating. The world is going crazy, and if someone can win 2k by caging bass, they are gonna do it. That could very well be a cheater. You only hear about the ones that are stupid and make stupid mistakes when cheating, imagine a smart person wanting to cheat, it can very well be done. All you gotta do is put some cages in the back end of a swamp during the dead heat of summer. no one is gonna fish back there, so go there first thing, flip a crankbait in the cage, snag one, now you CAUGHT it. Now you have the confidence to pass a lie detector test because you technically " Caught the fish with a crankbait". I have heard lie detectors are easy to pass as long as you are calm. Because if you win 2nd or 3rd in a tournament trail 5-10 times a year, you will not, rarely, get tested because you didn't place 1st. BUT, you still won a couple grand, multiple that by 10 times a year, there is 20k+... And you tell me, with raleigh next door, millions of people living in Raleigh, that not a single one is cheating in a bass tournament, cmon now.... I think top 5 should always get polygraphed in any tournament over a certain dollar amount. That's my take, and I may sound crazy, but people trust other people too much. It is only going to get worse. Maybe add a rule where a camera must be ran on the boat at all times, and only tournament directors are allowed to view that footage IF found that he/she may have cheated. There are things that can be done to prevent and stop cheaters, but it offends too many people, so it wont happen..
    Last edited by josephsharpe99; 03-28-2023 at 08:44 AM.

Agree with your post #4. When it comes to money involved, there are going to be cheaters!
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

6. Member
    Sadly money does not have to be involved for folks to cheat. I have seen people cheat to win a $10 trophy. I hate to be a pessimist but I think a lot of cheating goes on. I don't mean a large number of cheaters in each tournament, but that there is some cheating in a large number of the tournaments. Another reason I do not fish tournaments. I would love to fish some tournaments with guys I know I can trust. But one of my biggest faults is I do not "give" trust. It must be earned.
    2021 Ranger Z185
    Mercury Pro XS 150
    Ultrex 80
    Helix 7 & 9
    Garmin Livescope
    Garmin GPSMap 1022
    Power Pole Blades

7. Member
    Its sad. But, just have to be honest with yourself and keep fishing.
    Last edited by josephsharpe99; 03-28-2023 at 11:11 AM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    Doubt anyone cheating would mark their basket with a buoy, if they did there are too stupid to be a threat. You might have just called WL with the coords and let them handle it.
    So hind sight I wish I had taken a picture of the set up that was present where the baskets were located. I did call wildlife and did as they instructed me to do. The set up looked very similar to the grass growth set ups by wildlife at harris and Kerr minus the wildlife sign. There were a couple stakes but no fence to guard. There were more than 2 baskets but only 2 had bouys on them. It was an interesting set up and wildlife now has Their eyes on it. I hope they catch who ever is using it! The location was extremely off the beaten path and I know fishermen wouldn’t go there Specially in the summer.