Vessel view Mobile

I installed a vessel view mobile on my 2017 mercury 60hp elpt serial # 1C467965.
    I bought it used. When i turn ignition key on, both lights flash green, then power light turn solid green and bluetooth light turn off, so i'm not able to connect to the app.
    Anyone had that problem ? Is the unit toast ?
    Thank you
    2022 Caymas CX21
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    2022 Benchmark Tandem Trailer

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Both should light... do you have a Terminating Resistor installed?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Yes, the installation is correct and i tried it on a friends engine that had a working one. It did the same thing, Bluetooth will flash for couple of seconds when power is applied then quit, but the other light stays on (Green), which indicate a problem with Bluetooth.
    Just wondering if the Bluetooth part of it is repairable or has any software update that can be done.
    I even tried LightBlue app and it doesn't see the Vesselview Mobile.
    2022 Caymas CX21
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The only thing available would be a dealer connecting it with G3 Diagnostic System, and seeing if there is an update for the VVM. If the problem were caused by some type of corrupted firmware, this MIGHT fix it.

Beyond that- a replacement.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thank you Don !
    One other thing i'm going to do is test the yellow terminator to make sure it has 120 ohm resistance. It could be a defective terminator.
    2022 Caymas CX21
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Im having same issues, tried light blue like you also, it shows connected to that then tells me I need an App to run it which is installed. I sent first module back and got another, thinking maybe defective but same issue. New motor and got a service package and they want to do a 20 hr service and I told them that needs to be fixed but oddly the Jensen radio, also bluetooth wont connect either, related maybe or maybe not. Buddy has same motor and had no issues and he cant link up to mine either using his app. His in shop may try to switch the module when he gets his back and test from there.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven H View Post
    Im having same issues, tried light blue like you also, it shows connected to that then tells me I need an App to run it which is installed. I sent first module back and got another, thinking maybe defective but same issue. New motor and got a service package and they want to do a 20 hr service and I told them that needs to be fixed but oddly the Jensen radio, also bluetooth wont connect either, related maybe or maybe not. Buddy has same motor and had no issues and he cant link up to mine either using his app. His in shop may try to switch the module when he gets his back and test from there.
    I had a similar issue where it told me that it needs an App to run it even though I had it installed. I deleted the VVM app, then reinstalled it and that eventually worked for me. For some reason it shows an incorrect engine serial number but it works, except the speedometer part is erractic. I have another downloaded Speedo app that works fine and I also have a GPS speedo in the boat. I just don't get an accurate mpg due to this but I can calculate it from the fuel flow and GPS mph.
    2020 Checkmate 2400 Pulsare
    2019 Mercury 300R Serial# 1E080852
    1.75 TorqueMaster
    25 Bravo FS / 24 ProMax

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Guys- appreciate that you're trying to help but we now have three (3) separate boats/engines/VVM's posting in this thread about what has occurred with their unit. Please stick to ONE engine/Poster per thread, so as to avoid confusion and/or what is referred to as Post Hi-Jacking.

Thanks!

Those of you having similar problems- please make sure the Diagnostic Fuse on the engine is still good.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Guys- appreciate that you're trying to help but we now have three (3) separate boats/engines/VVM's posting in this thread about what has occurred with their unit. Please stick to ONE engine/Poster per thread, so as to avoid confusion and/or what is referred to as Post Hi-Jacking.

Thanks!

Those of you having similar problems- please make sure the Diagnostic Fuse on the engine is still good.

Where is this diagnostic fuse?

10. Member
    It could depend on your motor. Check in your owners manual.

11. Member
    Update on this one, on my 3rd vessel view module ( dealer told me one I bought off Amazon was counterfit) we took the one they ordered right outta the box, same issue, the little clock thing stops at about 430 when trying to do initial setup then gives error message. Left it with them again and called today, no update so I called mercury today to get a ticket # working on it and force them to work with the dealer to get this rectified.

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Where is this diagnostic fuse?
    Varies depending on engine- but it's shown in the Engine Owner's Manual. V8 they should be under the fuse cover (Port side, just aft of the Electronic Throttle Control (ERC).