Thread: VX21 Question

VX21 Question

For those of you that own a VX21, Im wondering what the dimensions on the boat and trailer are.. Website says 27'10" boat and trailer.
    However is that with the motor mounted for travel or with it vertical on the trailer. If it's with the motor mounted for travel, can anyone please provide me with the dimension of the trailer and boat with the motor in the vertical position? I dont want to mess with folding the trailer tongue.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Luke

2. Member
    I'll get you a measurement when I get home from work. You want the length from the tip of the tongue to the prop? Basically the length just as you would be pulling it down the road correct?
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KomatoVX21 View Post
    I'll get you a measurement when I get home from work. You want the length from the tip of the tongue to the prop? Basically the length just as you would be pulling it down the road correct?
    Yes please. .website says 27'10"
    Then if you could trim the motor straight and see how much it changes the length.
    Thanks
    Luke

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYLuke View Post
    Yes please. .website says 27'10"
    Then if you could trim the motor straight and see how much it changes the length.
    Thanks
    Luke

Sorry for the delay… Jackplate all the way up and motor tucked under is around 27’ 10” to the back of the cowling (Merc 300 Pro xs)
    motor in the toter, ready to travel, around 28’ to the prop. Not much difference between them because of the shape of the cowling, if your concerned about garage space
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

5. Member
    Thank you.. Yes, garage space is my concern.. I;ve got 28'6" from back wall to the closed door. If I go this route, it will be real tight..
    I'm not interested in swinging the tongue after every trip.. I could see myself forgetting the pin one morning and that would be a certified disaster.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYLuke View Post
    Thank you.. Yes, garage space is my concern.. I;ve got 28'6" from back wall to the closed door. If I go this route, it will be real tight..
    I'm not interested in swinging the tongue after every trip.. I could see myself forgetting the pin one morning and that would be a certified disaster.
    No problem. I hear ya on the tongue pin, I had to do that with my Ranger until I built a larger building. I always put the pin on the coupler to ensure I didn't forget it. That Merc cowling design sticks way back, I never really noticed it until I did the measurements last night. sounds like your going to be real tight but should make it. Good luck

7. Member
    I checked mine tonight, if you play with the engine tilt I got it down to 27’- 8”. Thats with the rearmost edge of the engine cowling and the anti-cavitation plate edge being plumb with each other.