Thread: NFC Sale

NFC Sale

Just a heads up looks like NFC has most of their rods on sale. X-Ray rods for $85, HM for $65, IM for $55. The HM and IM price might vary was just the first 2 I looked at.

2. Member
    I think the spring sale has been going on for a while. If you add multiple blanks in the HM and IM series, there’s even more of a discount. I bought an IM-DS1607, IM-MB704, and a F904-2 Classic fly rod. Total price with sales tax and the $10/rod excise tax was $165.

I just got an email too that you can pick 10 rods for $600. Only exception is the C6O2 rods and their new fly rod. So all XRays, Hm, IM, nearly all fly rods..

just don’t be in a hurry (like most NFC orders). When I placed the order I think they said it’s about a 2-3 week lead time before the blanks are even shipped.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 03-27-2023 at 06:51 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Correct their spring sale has been ongoing but at that time X-Rays were priced at $125. Can't say what IM/HM or other rods were priced as I typically only look at X-Ray.

10 blanks for 600.- is a dang good value, JMO. I’d pull the trigger on that but have quite a few in the corner I need to complete. Anybody around Little Rock need 5? I’ll split an order.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

5. Member
    Surprises me to no end that so many people expect immediate shipping of their product from a company that does not now, nor ever has held large stocks of product in racks just waiting and hoping that the money and labor they spent will be bought. this is a small boutique company with multiple irons in the fire in and out of the fishing industry, all of it goes through bottle necks in production, this isn't even considering the R & D that these other irons demand. If you can't wait, if you are unhappy in any way just don't do business with them and the rest of the world don't repeatedly need to know about it, because only the people that think they have been put upon voice their supposed problem, the vast majority of customers are happy customers and don't think it is necessary to say so every time we get what we paid for. If you want great blanks at a great price than that demands patience that is freely and honestly voiced by this company by mouth and in printing, I have had product on my porch in as little as 3 days, most times within a week, a few times 2+ weeks. Just as advertised. I have had the same and worse happen from many companies over the years, blanks and components, this is nothing new, this is nothing odd, I have waited up to two months for a full set of guides, or components. Anyone notice Batson was out of blanks and components last year? How about the post with pics from Mudhole celebrating the containers full of Chinese blanks and components that finally showed up there? How about those back orders from Get Bit? If Batson didn't have it neither do they. Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

6. Member
    Quick question on the 10 for $600. Is there a coupon or does it automatically happen when you check out with 10 blanks in your basket?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akropinski View Post
    Quick question on the 10 for $600. Is there a coupon or does it automatically happen when you check out with 10 blanks in your basket?
    I believe it’s a discount code for existing customers and only for the first 100 orders.

Spoonplugger: it was not a criticism about NFC. More of a heads up because while idc about the wait, some guys do and purposely choose companies who have faster shipping whether it’s for customer obligations or personal desires. Btw are you associated with them? Just curious because whenever someone makes a post that might be interpreted as critical of NFC you’ve defended them (even when it’s not like my earlier post). I mean just from reading you have enough rod building experience and knowledge that I probably couldn’t even obtain in 3 lifetimes and I absolutely value your opinion/advice. I’ve always been happy with their products, so much so it’s becoming my go to blank company.
    1995 Ranger 481v

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akropinski View Post
    Code is PICK10, discount shows up after you "Proceed to Payment"

9. Member
    Great, thanks.

10. Member
    What method does NFC use for shipping? UPS, USPS, other?

11. Member
    My last order was shipped with FedEx, but that was over a year ago
    1995 Ranger 481v

ECobb, I sure didn’t think you were being critical. When I order, I know I’m going to get a blank when I get it. If I ever have an issue, which I think once they sent me the wrong blank, they told me to keep the blank and sent me the correct blank. Who does that? I’ve been very satisfied and have a lot of respect for NFC and their organization for supplying us with great blanks at a dang good price. I’m a fan, for sure.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

13. Member
    I only build on NFC blanks i feel dollar for dollar they are the best out there, if i am building a rod why use something lesser? when you read question about other blanks and their quality and performance often people say they are not a NFC but they are nice and things like that. I am not associated with NFC in any way i just like the quality of their blanks and don't see a reason to buy anything else, i order blanks with the thought that i will not have them foe three weeks, when i get them in a week its great if it takes three i am on schedule.....lol

14. Member
    I agree that dollar for dollar, when they're on sale (which is almost always) they are a great blank. $60 (with the pick10 deal) or even $85 for Xrays is fantastic, excellent blank with a ton of different models. Also love the fact that they're made here but would anyone pay the list price of $250 for an Xray? Or an HM? or $170+ for an IM when you could get a C5/SCV for $190. I mean if you could get SCV's for $85 or even $125 I think a lot of people would go that way instead. It's kind of like shopping a Kohls, no one would pay $60 for a shirt (maybe some people would but not me) but when it's always on sale for $29.99 it seems like a great deal.

Everything about NFC has improved exponentially in the past year...shipping, Customer Service, getting someone to answer a phone or reply to an email. Pre-pandemic every order I had made with them had major issues from 3-4 month waits to blanks that were not close to straight to substitutions that they didn't even communicate to just plain wrong blanks and even issues with labels not being sent or just being wrong (had 2 7'6" SJ blanks that came with 6'6" labels which never got resolved, I don't even think it got responded to). I'm glad some people never had any issues back then.

The majority of that all seems to be in the past now which is good for them and us.

15. Member
    I completely agree. For the price your probably won’t find a better blank. I can’t justify spending the money for a SCV, point blank, or even a K2 when I can get an X-ray or HM for less than half the price. Even the IMs on sale are cheaper than the RodGeeks C2s or the base MHX and MHX color series rods.

Honestly I kinda prefer the MHX over the C2s anyways even though I’m admittedly a St Croix fanboy. They’re decent and I’ve built a lot of C2s but just think there’s some better options especially now that RodGeeks completely gutted the color choices.
    1995 Ranger 481v

16. Member
    I think NFC can just offer the lower prices because they cut out the middle man.[/QUOTE]

Unless you're only building for yourself, you're the middle man.

I tried to explain to someone at NFC once (Steve I think) that every rod builder is a distributer and he didn't seem to get it. I had multiple builds for people where I ended having to go with different blanks because they just didn't want to wait 3+ months for a rod.

17. Member
    Love NFC blanks and pretty much only ones I build on anymore. Everything from the Deltas to the X-Rays are just something else. Only once it took them 4 months to get me the blanks I ordered but that was back in 2019. Since then it’s been anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks which I’m willing to wait. I don’t think I would be willing to wait that long if I had to pay the “regular full retail” price if I had to wait though. However seeing as how they always are on sale it seems it makes other blank manufacturers obsolete to me unless someone really really wanted something in a hurry or something that they don’t offer. Most people I have built rods for have always came back saying it was well worth the wait!

18. Member
    Put my order in for 10 blanks Saturday night. Couldn't pass up on $60 x-ray blank including shipping!