Thread: New to Apex

New to Apex

I have a couple pictures. First is on home screen and wondering is the info bar able to turn off or is it always on? Second what is speed through water (stw)? It shows up on both Apex units for data source but only one external transducer is ran to one of the Apex's. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

STW is for an accessory water wheel speed sensor with temp that some use in current when trolling lures.

TS W - Transom Mount Temp/Speed Sensor | Humminbird (johnsonoutdoors.com)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    If by "info bar" you are talking about the information area on the right of the screen, that is an addition on the Apex units. Because of the higher resolution, they are able to fit more information on the screen. There is nonway I'm aware of to remove or alter that diaplay.

You also no longer have to scroll down on the home screen to get to additional utilities... they are all on the home screen.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    Cougar, If you have not yet downloaded the manual do so from the HB site. There is way too much to be discovered to do it by pushing buttons and asking a question now and then. Get a general understanding of what can be changed and what can’t. Then start asking on the stuff you find challenging. JMO Bob
    Note you can use the manual on the One-boat network app. I do on my ipad, the phone is a bit small for a huge manual for me.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Cougar, If you have not yet downloaded the manual do so from the HB site. There is way too much to be discovered to do it by pushing buttons and asking a question now and then. Get a general understanding of what can be changed and what can’t. Then start asking on the stuff you find challenging. JMO Bob
    Note you can use the manual on the One-boat network app. I do on my ipad, the phone is a bit small for a huge manual for me.
    Bob makes a really good point. For Solix and Apex users, I always suggest that you read the entire Operations Guide when you first get your unit, and then reread it after you have been using it for a few months. On the first pass, there are things that just don't sink in but, when you make the second pass through the manual, the light bulb will turn on.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers