Thread: St Clair

St Clair

Hey, I’m wanting to take my brother fishing for his birthday end of next
    week. Anybody been out on LSC yet? Thanks

2. Member
    Not yet, the die hard walleye guys have been out. We'll launch on Saturday or Sunday, lake is/was a mess with the winds and rain lately. It should settle down but expecting a big storm on Friday and I'm afraid it will blow the lake out for the weekend. If nothing else a good shake down on one or both of those days.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    Not yet, the die hard walleye guys have been out. We'll launch on Saturday or Sunday, lake is/was a mess with the winds and rain lately. It should settle down but expecting a big storm on Friday and I'm afraid it will blow the lake out for the weekend. If nothing else a good shake down on one or both of those days.
    Planned St. Clair last weekend, but the big blow had us thinking it would be a stirred-up mess.

4. Member
    I am planning to fish Friday. Thinking St clair as goal 1, with detroit river as a backup if wind is a problem.
    For this Friday.... If you were to go would you try the mile roads with canals as a backup / hunt for early large mouth.....
    or would you launch near selfridge and be closer to more canals we like to fish? Wind looks promising .... calm or from the right direction currently!
    2010 Nitro X-5 w/ 90HP Mercury Optimax
    2020 Ultrex Ipilot Link MDI
    Helix 12 MDI G3N
    Helix 12 MSI G3N
    Mega 360

5. Member
    We caught 19 Smallies in 2 days. Swim baits reeled really slow on bottom.
    Biggest was right at 6lbs with a 4 and several 3’s. Water 41 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by rangered View Post
    We caught 19 Smallies in 2 days. Swim baits reeled really slow on bottom.
    Biggest was right at 6lbs with a 4 and several 3’s. Water 41 degrees.
    Thanks for that report. Things should heat up some this next week with the warming temperatures.

Water was all buggered up today with colors from coffee to coffee with cream

Best we could find was dingy in a couple spots

Got out late and only fished for 4 hours but we got 6 with biggest being 5 and a couple 4's so the better fish are still there

As we were leaving the coffee with cream water was being push in from the east

temps look nice next week but winds will be up
    At least it might push that ugly water back out faster
    "The handicapped angler"

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Water was all buggered up today with colors from coffee to coffee with cream

Best we could find was dingy in a couple spots

Got out late and only fished for 4 hours but we got 6 with biggest being 5 and a couple 4's so the better fish are still there

As we were leaving the coffee with cream water was being push in from the east

temps look nice next week but winds will be up
    At least it might push that ugly water back out faster

Thanks for the report

9. Member
    Anybody go out this week yet?

10. Member
    I haven't been out, waiting on new axles for my trailer.

What a difference a few days make
    Last Sunday water was 47 degrees by the end of the day in shallow water
    Today in 10 foot it was 58 with the shallows showing 62
    Last edited by MichAngler; 04-15-2023 at 07:32 PM.
    "The handicapped angler"

Jet skiers were out in full force yesterday. I was doing some scouting for a trip I'm doing with a buddy in couple weeks. Spent the day in anchor bay and water temperatures caught me off guard. I had by the end of the day 64 degrees in the shallows with the 7 to 10 feet of water was running 57 to 58 degrees. Action was slower than expected for me. Caught plenty, but expected it to be on fire. I imagine the mile roads were probably much better and I'll be heading there for my next trip. I did have a muskie swim by my underwater camera which I was surprised it picked it up in that murky water. Only got a glimpse of it as it went by.

13. Member
    I was out on the mile roads on the Friday of that warm week we had and water was still murky but caught about 15 with 4.5lb being the biggest and average was about 3lb so not bad but not fire yet.

Looking at the extended forecast I just had to get out yesterday for a few hours and with the wind out of the west the water clarity was a lot better with temps back down to 49/50

When the wind died down it was bearable with little sun to warm you up so 3 hours was all I could stand

Bite was slower and size was down but we got 10 in 3 hours with 4+ as the biggest

Plenty of others out there both bass and walleye guys
    "The handicapped angler"