Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario

For bass fishing, forward view versus perspective

For bass fishing, are there times when perspective is more useful than forward view?
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Here's how i see it: With perspective view using the Garmin bracket, there is no adjustment so it works well in shallow water, it will give you a broader view of the water and where the fish are without having to to rotate the troller as much but for me, i dont see my lure as ease as i do with Forward. I also use perspective when looking for submerged trees, logs, etc. when going down the bank. Now in my instance, i fish shallow all the time, 10' is deep for me, so perspective helps when searching.

There are 3rd party brackets that does give you adjustments when in perspective so you can match the depth you are fishing so , if your fishing deep, may look at that. I have seen post on here where the person was using it to troll stripers.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Here's how i see it: With perspective view using the Garmin bracket, there is no adjustment so it works well in shallow water, it will give you a broader view of the water and where the fish are without having to to rotate the troller as much but for me, i dont see my lure as ease as i do with Forward. I also use perspective when looking for submerged trees, logs, etc. when going down the bank. Now in my instance, i fish shallow all the time, 10' is deep for me, so perspective helps when searching.

There are 3rd party brackets that does give you adjustments when in perspective so you can match the depth you are fishing so , if your fishing deep, may look at that. I have seen post on here where the person was using it to troll stripers.
    Thanks for the reply, I also seldom fish deeper than 10 feet so I will have to give it a try.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway