Question 2000 Tr20 and hds12 live install. Pics needed please

Hello all. Please share with me how you
    mounted your 12lives to the driver dash on a 2000 tr20 or similar dash. Thanks
    ...Greg

2. Member
    I mounted my 16 to the side with a balz out mount and I love it there. I would love it in the dash also but didn’t want to go through that. I know someone that took the flasher out and ran a balz out mount out of the dash and put a carbon 9 on it. He’s a member here and would get you pictures I’m sure.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

3. Member
    gkropat - I'm not familiar with your dash, post a picture. You looking to flush mount it? Or like a BBT mount? I did a 9 on a BBT mount on a 07 21x hp, I didn't jump to a 12 because it would of blocked the gauges (Rpm and Speedo). A 12 would fit in the same spot manner but would of lost sight of those gauges. Flush mount would be tight and would definitely have to lose/ move the 2 large gauges on each side

4. Member
    I rebuilt my 2000 Tr 20 dash to mount a Helix 12 - I removed the existing faux burlwood dash plate and gauges, fabbed 2 aluminum triangular frames from angle, mounted to and on top of the 2 fiberglass struts under dash.

One leg of each triangle will back up the dash panel - I fabbed 2 dash plates from starboard (using old for template) to sandwich console edge and then thru bolted from HB bracket thru starbord and aluminum angle. Its super solid.

I think there is photos of it on here, if not please PM and I'll send photos.

thanks guys. I went ahead with the BBT mount for my HDS Live12. Some time ago I went ahead and replaced faux wood with Starboard and added braces. I'll post pictures once it's in
    ...Greg

6. Member
    Interested to see the pics when it is done.