Thread: Shearon Harris

Shearon Harris

Thinking about taking a spur of the moment trip later this week to Sharon Harris lake for a couple of days. I’ve always wanted to go there but I know very little about the place. Apex appears to be one of the closest towns for lodging. Any info on lodging or any safety concerns running in the lake would be greatly appreciated. I’ve read where there is plenty of grass, but I’ve also read that the grass is not as abundant there anymore. Is there still plenty of grass to flip? I’m surely going in blind and have no clue how to fish this place but I’m looking forward to checking it out. Any information is greatly appreciated, especially any safety concerns. Thanks in advance 👍

2. Member
    ...SB...
    2006 Ranger 188 VX with 150 E TEC and I EAT BASS!!!

3. Member
    You missed the grass by about 6 years. Better bring a drop shot or a cranking rod.

As mentioned, above the hydrilla is all gone unless it came back in the last year of so. The lake is easy to navigate. Just keep any eye on your chart and still in the deeper water and you will be fine. I lived in an around Apex for 20 years and I consider it a nice, safe small town. Holly Springs is just south of there and safe as well. Find a hotel near US1 and Hwy 55 and that is about as close as you're going to get I think.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

5. Member
    We fished Shearon Harris for two days this past week. First day was Tuesday and caught 11 total. Nothing over three pounds. Fished Wednesday and it was a much slower day still ended with 8 fish with my wife catching a five pounder in 12 feet of water. Tail was beat up pretty good. We finished our week on Thursday at Jordan Lake and did not find any fish on the main lake. Found a few bass in the river and 8 crappie. Great trip for us. Weather was perfect, and it was our first time to the area.

Thanks.
    2022 Lund Pro V Bass 1875
    Mercury 200 Fourstroke Pro XS
    Hummingbird Helix 12 Console & Bow