Kent Lake Michigan Report

I was finally able to get in the first fishing trip of the year with Jim. We headed over to Kent Lake in Milford Michigan. Water temperature was running 39 degrees when we arrived, and air temperature was 28 degrees. Launching the boat was a little difficult at the ramp as the lake was still drawn down 3 feet or so. It was a bit of a grind to get some fish to bite, but we were able to land 10 largemouth, 3 pike, and a crappie. The only lures that we could get bit on were a blade bait and a ned rig. All fish came in 8 to 13 feet of water.

We did help couple anglers at the boat ramp at the end of the day. Their batteries had died and they were paddling back to the boat ramp. We helped them jump off our battery to raise and lower their motor so they could make it home. It wasn't supposed to rain, but it never fails on one of my trips. We got caught in a shower as we were getting ready to load the boat up. Nice to get the first trip under the belt and move on for the year.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Do you ever fish Ohio?

JK, thanks for the report.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

Quote Originally Posted by CGWright View Post
    Do you ever fish Ohio?

JK, thanks for the report.
    Yeah, they are in the Ohio section on here. lol

I'm only about 5 miles from the state line. It's shorter distance for me to fish Lake Erie in Michigan than in Ohio.

4. Member
    Nice report BIGBASS201
    2010 Nitro X-5 w/ 90HP Mercury Optimax
    2020 Ultrex Ipilot Link MDI
    Helix 12 MDI G3N
    Helix 12 MSI G3N
    Mega 360

5. dartag1829
    That lake has a good Trap bite in early spring. Only problem is the Pike really like them.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwnc2 View Post
    Nice report BIGBASS201
    Thanks

dartag1829
    That lake has a good Trap bite in early spring. Only problem is the Pike really like them.
    May try to get over there again in better conditions, but lots of other places planning on fishing. I did yo yo a LV500 in the deeper water. No pike or bass taking it that day. We put up a short video on our Locals Page.

7. dartag1829
    Drove out today to get my sticker and a walk. The lake looks to be almost full pool. Between the beaches where the river comes in should be great for a trap bite. Might have to venture out soon. Them Pike will love me.

Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Drove out today to get my sticker and a walk. The lake looks to be almost full pool. Between the beaches where the river comes in should be great for a trap bite. Might have to venture out soon. Them Pike will love me.
    Good luck. I did see a couple pictures over the weekend of some nice ones caught from shore.