I currently have a lowrance tripleshot 7 with transducer mounted at the transom on transom saver plate. I have the screen mounted on the bow. I'm not a fan of this unit and have had a lot of problems with it seeing false bottom, etc. Lowrance has been no help to fix it and i have to constantly restart my unit on the water, frustrating....

I saw a deal at Cabelas yesterday i couldnt pass up and got a Garmin Ultra 10 for 999 w/ GT54 transducer. Eventually I will upgrade to livescope but for now this will do. I am trying to become better at catching fish offshore and setup on top of some deep fish and pull them up.

I have a 1650 jon boat with a tiller motor. I was thinking of putting the lowrance screen back at the tiller and putting the garmin on the bow, but im not opposed to getting rid of the lowrance all together.

I have a minnkota powerdrive 70 trolling motor.

Should I mount the G54 Garmin Tranducer on the transom, on the trolling motor or on a pole at the bow?
Will it be better for me for offshore fishing to have the transducer right on the trolling motor or a transducer pole or will it make no difference to be back on the transom?
Since the unit i have has networking capability now I'm thinking it might be better to remove the lowrance and put the GT54 on the transom and then eventually put the livescope up front?

Thanks for the help .