New Diawa Steez II reel question

I am a Shimano man, but I知 considering trying one of these. My main question is will the T-Wing system pass a leader knot (FG)? It would replace a Bantam MGL on a Destroyer BMG. I have Metaniums, Bantams, and an Antares and have never owned a Diawa reel. I知 hoping someone who has experience with Shimano and Diawa can weigh in with how a Steez compares to those reels.

2. Member
    I have 3 Daiwa baitcasters: 2 Tatulas and one Zillion. All have T-wing and I have never had a problem with the knot btw braid and leader causing a problem. If Daiwa changed the T-Wing on the Steez, I don’t know.

3. Member
    I use both brands. I have a Zillion HD on my BMG running a braid to leader knot and I’ve never had a problem. I’ve haven’t run braid to leader on my Steez AIIs but it should be fine. I think when casting the braid to leader will pass through the large part of the t wing. The only problem I’ve ever had with braid to leader on t wing is when the connection knot is massive and on the retrieve not the cast. I’ve never owned a bantam but I have a Metanium I really like. Met palms better and has better handle knobs imo, not that the Steez doesn’t palm well. Honestly you’re going to have a more enjoyable experience with the Steez it’s so easy to use and change the brakes on a dime. Feels more solid than a Met. The executive service from Daiwa is another large plus for the Steez. I’d give it a shot.

4. Moderator
    I moved a majority of my bottom contact combos over to Steez, from Shimano, back in the Steez 100SHA days. Weight, fit, finish, quality is all awesome....but a big reason I changed as well was line capacity, back in the day. The older Steez handled 17-20 lb fluorocarbon better with their line capacity, with Shimano really concentrating on the 50 and 100 sized reels, on their high end, then...I have since bought a couple of Steez A, as well, but can't really comment on your T-wing/knot stuff....All of that said, the Steez platforms are phenomenal..
    Steve

5. Member
    If you run an FG knot you won't have any issues with the braid to flouro connection knot. If you tie a bulkier connection knot, especially with thicker diameter lines, it will catch or even get stuck in the bottom part of the "T" when retrieving. Casting isn't a problem since the open part of the "T" is plenty big to allow the connection knot to pass without any issues.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    If you run an FG knot you won't have any issues with the braid to flouro connection knot. If you tie a bulkier connection knot, especially with thicker diameter lines, it will catch or even get stuck in the bottom part of the "T" when retrieving. Casting isn't a problem since the open part of the "T" is plenty big to allow the connection knot to pass without any issues.
    My experience is the same as above.

7. Member
    Well, I went ahead and ordered a new Steez A II (JDM). I guess I値l find out if it is better than what I知 used to. Thanks for all your feedback.

8. Member
    I have one on a NRX 893. Just pitching a Senko around the house. It pitches very well, gonna get out and cast it after the snow stops. Order handle bearings. The a2 has 4 plastic knob bushings.