2001 20ss stratos

Anyone know how much carpet is needed to redo a 2001 20 ss stratos and how much padding is needed to pad the front deck?

I bought 40 ft to do a 21 ft Stroker Bass Boat. I didn't do the inside of my rod lockers but did everything else. I had about 8 ft left over. You will lose some when you roll it over the lids and compartments.

I always felt it was better to have more than less. To do it right it took me 40 man hours to strip and replace the carpet. I am not sure I could do it again.

Use the best carpet you can get. Bass Cat sells some really good stuff with a very high thread count.

3. Member
    Thanks

For a 20' boat i usually order 25' of carpet. Always make the direction of the grain on the bottom of the carpet and always have it pointing the in the right direction. As far as padding just measure how big the area you want to pad and order that amount. I would order a foot or two more for an oops if it happens.

If using BassCat carpet is/was 24oz and may make your rod lockers a little nug to open but shouldn't be an issue.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    Thanks JoePA