Wedge for the Ghost

Seems to be a common issue with some of the Tritons but since I have no experience with it I thought I would ask for tips, if there are any. I haven't had the opportunity to really use the Lowrance Ghost and the bow graph, a 12" HDS Live with Active Target so I'm not sure what to expect. I've read a number of comments about the tm needing a wedge on Triton boats to level it out. I went out in the garage and looked at how the bow of the boat angles down and tried to imagine how that might affect the Active Target and/or the nose cone transducer. I know the AT transducer can be adjusted so maybe it isn't an issue. I have changed out the batteries to lithium since I did the break in so not as much weight in the back end which I guess will have some affect and maybe make the angle of the tm even further under the boat. I don't know if I need to do anything before I can get it on the water and play with the tm and Live or just go ahead and wedge it. The common wedge solution seems to be a 5 degree one.
    Last edited by jtrac; 03-27-2023 at 07:20 AM.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

2. Member
    It works better with a wedge. Rangers too. Any boat that tapers down in the front does better with a wedge. It's a geometry thing. If not straight up and down, when turning, the beam sweeps down and away.

3. Member
    Wedge works great. They’re a little spendy but work great .
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

4. Member
    Any recommendations?
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    Any recommendations?
    Ashmore Marine Products.

6. Member
    Took the boat out today and did the thing I saw on a video using a torpedo level and some coins. When I got home I used the tongue jack to reach level with the coins in the same spot I did on the lake. Went to the front and checked the level of the nose. To get to level I would need to raise the front end of the trolling motor bracket about a half inch. Does that sound right?
    Jim

7. Member
    I have a 2013 20xs
    i needed the wedge for my ultrex, when I switched to ghost I noticed the angle wasn’t as bad…thought it was strange but now I’m running wedges with the ghost

8. Member
    I don't have a wedge and can see my bait straight down at least 80' with AT. My speed is about 3.5 mph. So that's not an issue. Ghost shaft is not plumb. I really don't see need for a wedge. 2022 TRX Patriot.

9. Member
    I bought one second hand because I wasn't willing to buy one at full retail. I haven't noticed any increase in performance but I would say that it sits on the deck better and looks better overall. I would lower your expectations on anything like a clearer image on your graph or faster trolling speeds, but if you're willing to spend the money on it, I'd say its worth it.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

10. Member
    It also lowers the head of the trolling motor when stowed so you can get your cover on.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100