Who replaced the standard TM livescope bracket?

For those who have replaced the standard trolling motor bracket that comes with Garmin Livescope, what did you go with? Did you find it offered a more clear picture (eliminating interference) or did you only do it to help with Trolling Motor head clearance?

Thanks for input

Got the Fish Obsessed. Great hardware. ell engineered and very solid. The zero degree and clearing the TM barrel did not help me in any way.

3. Member
    Thanks, I see now that the lvs 34 comes with a different mount that also seems to get the transducer out away from the barrel similar to the Fish Obsessed. That said, is there much advantage to the Fish Obsessed mount other than perhaps it’s more sturdy?

4. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    Got a Fish Obsessed that should be hitting the door this morning. Will report back when its in hand.
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    is there much advantage to the Fish Obsessed mount other than perhaps it’s more sturdy?
    I have the Fish Obsessed mount and it is 1000 times more sturdy than the one that comes with the LVS34.
    My Garmin had the knob crack and break after the first outing. (you have to unscrew and retighten every time you change the position of the 34)
    FO mount is as simple as can be with changing the positions. Nothing to unscrew or fiddle with.
    I was hesitant to spend the money since the 34 came with a mount, but I have no regrets getting the Fish Obsessed mount... It's what Garmin should have designed and sold with the LVS 34 from the start.
    2015 VT 17 w/ 75 4stroke Merc
    Garmin 106sv, Echomap Plus 73sv, & LVS34
    & lots of fish ;)

If you use the perspective mode the FO mount is great. Fully adjustable angle for different water depths. Every adjustment easily snaps into place by hand yet is tight and no wiggle.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Thanks, I see now that the lvs 34 comes with a different mount that also seems to get the transducer out away from the barrel similar to the Fish Obsessed. That said, is there much advantage to the Fish Obsessed mount other than perhaps it’s more sturdy?
    The 8 degree offset is the biggest deal to me. I think the factory mount is ok other than that. You notice it especially when casting out to 100 feet that you sometimes have to move the trolling motor to stay in the cone when the 8 degree factory angle is installed.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    The 8 degree offset is the biggest deal to me. I think the factory mount is ok other than that. You notice it especially when casting out to 100 feet that you sometimes have to move the trolling motor to stay in the cone when the 8 degree factory angle is installed.
    Does the factory mount on the lvs 34 make the beam clear the trolling motor barrel. I'm talking about mounting it to the trolling motor stem not barrel. I'm using the stock mount on the stem for first time tomorrow.