Thread: Robertson……

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RANGER487 View Post
    so true and most likely nobody other than hardcore bass guys watching the weigh in anyway.
    Completely agree. Sheesh - it’s fishing, not investment banking or brain surgery.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ187elite View Post
    Why does everyone have to be a stick in the mud about having some fun...
    YUP !!

Hey sweet all the guys that have been on the train running Ike over all these years has someone new to jump to!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ187elite View Post
    Why does everyone have to be a stick in the mud about having some fun...
    My thoughts exactly.
    "We all have it commin kid....." Will Munny

Well at least Brian Schmitt wore the New Balance for the old guys........

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAbassin View Post
    Wasn’t it a few years ago people were complaining about the west coast boys and how they aren’t country enough or some nonsense like that? Now you’ve got a good ol boy just living his best life and having fun and that’s not up to the standards either. And as far as sponsors go, they know what they signed on for. He’s getting attention and everyone is looking good or bad. That’s a win for them.
    Funny part about that is that he actually is a "west coast boy."

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Why would his sponsors be scratching their heads? Did he do something out of character?

This Classic sucked. At least I got to see the first on stage beer consumed. Bonus points for being out of a nasty ass rain boot.
    Yes I have drunk out of my LL Bean waterproof cloth shoe many moons ago at the Flying Cloud in AC NJ.

8. Member
    It's fishing, not golf. Sounds like you will enjoy the Masters.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moneyshot View Post

Not at all.

I appreciate him being himself.

That said, when you look at where these guys make their money, even the most Redneck needs to have a little professionalism in them.

prime example being Swindle.
    Huntin' Ducks, Chasin' Pheasant, Catching Fish

10. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moneyshot View Post
    I'm a John Daly fan too. I like this dude!
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    I didn’t watch the weigh in but was wondering if Robertson did anything outlandish sure didn’t take long to show up on the BBC.

When Full Contact Bass Fishing Wars becomes a Major Television Reality Series Robertson will be one of the most sought after personalities no telling how big a contract he’ll get could be more famous than Hulk Hogan.

Dirty Joe aka Not The Real Ryan sure might get a role like Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart or one of the other trouble causing sidekicks.

When they have auditions they will probably invite a few BBCers if they’ve done any scouting at all.

12. Member
    I agree that it's stupid and not a good look.

13. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    At least his pants weren’t around his ankles again And I doubt he’s real concerned with what some chat forum guys are saying. Hes the one making a living fishing, not us. He’s having a ball and I like it.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

14. Member
    Let the man be who he wants to be. If he gets out of line to far BASS will rein him in again.

15. Member
    Truth is the guy obviously can fish and probably don’t give two shits what you think of him!

Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    Truth is the guy obviously can fish and probably don’t give two shits what you think of him!
    This^^^

17. Member
    Not sure if anyone noticed but the crowd got the loudest for him to drink that beer 10 times more than anyone! So it doesn’t matter what anyone thinks cause the fans loved it! He will continue to get sponsors and stack trophies period!

Crikey, y'all were B*tching bout Marty and his suit jacket! Now ya B*tching bout Matt! Are y'all ever happy?

19. Member
    All you old geezers bashing Robertson need to get a freakin clue or go start watching shuttle board tournaments! He’s not killing the sport but growing the sport. I just spent 3 days behind the scenes as a volunteer through TN Bass Nation High School wiping down their boats with high schoolers before entering the arena. To watch the younger generation teenagers flock to him & his boat was incredible. The only other angler they did that with was GMan. And I watched Robertson spend as much time as needed with every kid taking pics, signing whatever they wanted, talking to them about fishing, and never rushed a kid off. Some of the anglers wouldn’t hardly talk to them. Robertson is the real deal. He is who he is and doesn’t care what people think. While kids were washing his boat Bassmaster guy overseeing it and I started laughing & talking about him. He even said Matt’s helped the sport grow cause teenagers relate to him. Bass knows he’s good for the sport, that’s why they keep letting him do it. They fine him, he doesn’t care, pays fines, and keeps on fishing.

20. Member
    Man I bet some of you guys are a freaking blast to be around....

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast