RH vs LH Lower Unit

I have twin std rotation '05 175 Evinrudes.
    Found a LH rotation lower from a '03 200(?) Evinrude.
    I am/was in the process of installing it on my port engine.
    Before I tried installing, I noticed that the shift rod was different, so I swapped it w/ the one from my std rotation lower.
    When trying to install on the port engine, it would not go all the way up.
    After struggling for about an hour or so I realized the driveshaft is different!
    The one from the '03 LH 200P is a bit longer so it would not go all the way up.
    I'm thinking I could use the driveshaft from my other rh rotation lower.
    Question: is it necessary to disassemble the lower to remove the driveshaft?
    P/N for the '05 175HP RH driveshaft looks like 5000624, P/N for the '03 200HP LH driveshaft is 5007673.
    Twin '05 175 Evinrudes, Model# E175MFXSOS

2. Member
    UPDATE: I already removed the bearing carrier and loosened the pinion gear nut, but I can't get the driveshaft out of the pinion gear, think it's pressed in.
    Any suggestions?
    I hope I can use this driveshaft from my "donor" RH lower!
    Not going to dismantle the LH lower until I get confirmation I can use this driveshaft!
    Twin '05 175 Evinrudes, Model# E175MFXSOS

3. Member
    Sorry can’t help on the driveshaft.
    the pinion is a taper fit to the drive shaft and needs a puller.
    But why are you doing this? The LH/CORO is more likely to have reliability issues. Which is why the original use plan had only std rotation lowers. There is no performance gain. There is no need to make the change unless it is simply for fun. Which I understand by the way.