Thread: Help please

Help please

2 helix 12's, ultrex w/built in DI, mega 360 and I have ethernet hub. DI transducer and 360 both have a connection that would plug into helix, but no adapter to run it to hub. I bought the hub so both units could share, but can't figure out how to connect it....any help would be appreciated

You will need one of these for each Ethernet connection to a Helix.

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...-adapter-cable
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

3. Member
    That's the problem, I have them, but the 360 cable and the D.I. transducer cable have the exact same end. It goes to the helix, but I want it to go to the hub, so I would need a male version of that plug to go in the female end in the picture then it would go to hub

4. Member
    360 and DI transducer attach to the fish finder, not the Ethernet switch. Neither is an Ethernet device. You need a Y cable to attach them both to one Helix transducer port. You then connect the Helixes to the Ethernet switch and they share the data.

Here's a link to a listing of the Y cable.

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...-2dmdi-y-cable
    Last edited by granite; 03-26-2023 at 06:04 PM.

Your Mega 360 installation manual gives you two different Y cables depending on which transducer you use (built in or independent ducer), but probably this is what you need. https://www.fish307.com/humminbird-9...w-transducers/
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

6. Member
    Thanks guys....I can't find any of this in my 360 manual. Holly crap, so much for a quick plug and go...lol, I was gonna take the new boat out and get the 2 hour break in done....nope. Glad this site has guys like you that help eager rammy fellas like myself....really appreciate the help!

7. Member
    Last question guys, I'm running 2 helix 12's with ultrex with built in DI and a mega 360. So if I use this Y cable to my bow helix I really dont need the hub do I??? wouldn't they share the same info if I just connect them with ethernet?

8. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Genovese View Post
    Last question guys, I'm running 2 helix 12's with ultrex with built in DI and a mega 360. So if I use this Y cable to my bow helix I really dont need the hub do I??? wouldn't they share the same info if I just connect them with ethernet?
    If your Ultrex is not the iPilot Link model, then you don't need the hub - you can just run an ethernet cable between the 2 Helix units.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

9. Member
    Well crap, I just got a 2023 Phoenix friday. It DOESN'T have a link ultrex. Not happy! So, can I still use the 360? What do I need now?
    Last edited by Joe Genovese; 03-27-2023 at 03:50 AM.

10. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Well crap, I just got a 2023 Phoenix friday. It DOESN'T have a link ultrex. Not happy! So, can I still use the 360? What do I need now?
    You dont need Link for 360.

If you get Link, you'll need a hub to have Link and both Helix units talk to each other.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

The MEGA 360 has a 14-pin plug, the Minnkota MDI transducer has a 14-pin plug.
    You need the 14 M360 2DDI Y cable to connect those two, it is 10' long.
    It has a 14-pin male plug to connect to a SOLIX/APEX that has to be converted to 7-pin to connect to a Helix.

You have two choices to do that conversion:
    1. Use the included 10' long 14-pin to 7-pin converter cable and have 20' of cable to manage.
    2. Use the 3' long Minnkota MKR-MI-1 converter and have 13' of cable to manage.

If you want iPilot LINK, that is an $800+ addition.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the help. I just can't believe they ordered a boat with so many expensive options and skimped on the trolling motor. I was just too excited when I finally got to pick it up and didn't catch the non link motor. Oh well, it'll work