Legend Tournament, ALX Enox or IMX pro

Broke another Megabass yesterday, so I am officially moving them out of my rotation. As a replacement, I’m looking for a do-all heavier action that’s around 7’6”. I have mostly Imx pros on my deck now, with the 844c mbr being a favorite. I fish a lot of big t-rigs, su-spins, and this might occasionally get a frog thrown on over mats in the heat of the summer. Before I just go with another Loomis, I figured I might try to branch out into St. Croix or ALX, both lines of which I haven’t tried.

I’m between the following:
    IMX pro 904c MBR
    legend tournament warhorse
    Enox LSB

let me know what y’all think. Also happy to look into similar US built options too.

2. Member
    I gotta say, the new re designed legend tournaments are very impressive. Also, the legend elites are top notch. You can never go wrong with one of those. I have an ALX Enox BMJ as well and it’s my favorite t rig rod I own. Both are great. IMO, if you are talking spinning rods, I think Croix has the edge. Casting; there are great options from both manufacturers. I know this doesn’t pertain to your exact question but hopefully gives some insight on the rod lines you’re looking at.

3. Member
    St Croix gets my vote. I own a vast number of them and they are always great options. For Loomis I feel like the GLX line and above really start feeling special. For your specific model I’d suggest the 7’4 Heavy in the elite or x line or the warhorse. I owned 2 of the heavy’s and sold one when I snagged an Xtreme.

Another vote for St Croix.

I have not fished the latest generation of tournaments yet, it have heard only god things.

I do however have the 7’4” heavy fast Elite and absolutely love it!
    *BRIAN CASKEY*
    '00 Tracker ProTeam 185 Special Edition
    '99 75 hp Merc ELPTO (ser. 0G837626)
    Minn Kota Terrova 80 w/Ipilot
    Helix 10 Sonar/GPS / bow 360 / RC-1
    Helix 7 CHIRP MSI GPS G3
    STRICTLY Shimano and St. Croix!!!!

5. Member
    I’ve seen the 7’4” HF Legend Elite has been in a lot of chats as one of those standout St. Croix rods. My only question, is it physically heavy? I’ve heard they can feel tip heavy in hand and that’s one thing Megabass spoiled me away from. I’ll be pairing the rod with a Steez A if that’s any help. The new Legend Tournaments look a decent bit lighter on paper.

6. Member
    I also have a legend elite 7’4” heavy/fast. Incredible rod. Personally, I don’t like super light reels, I just feel like I can crush them with my hand, so I use zillions, bantams, tat limited, curado 150’s on my gear. I happen to have a bantam on the elite and I can say you can definitely go lighter on the reel and it’ll still balance well. IMO, when people talk about Croix not balancing well or being too heavy, I feel that was the old legend tourny and below lines. Any legend elite I have, any legend extreme I felt, and even the new legend tournys all are great. I can’t remember one elite that I ever said “yeah that’s not balanced great or is too heavy”. The new victory line is being well received as much better balanced too.

Physically it’s a light rod (mine weighs in at 4.48oz) with a total of 13.28oz paired with a Curado 150DC spooled up with fireline

shes a TAD tip heavy (only because it’s a 7’4” rod) but very light in the hands and easy to handle for a heavy action rod

8221C61D-7551-408F-8E56-6F119D7533F1.jpeg
    *BRIAN CASKEY*
    '00 Tracker ProTeam 185 Special Edition
    '99 75 hp Merc ELPTO (ser. 0G837626)
    Minn Kota Terrova 80 w/Ipilot
    Helix 10 Sonar/GPS / bow 360 / RC-1
    Helix 7 CHIRP MSI GPS G3
    STRICTLY Shimano and St. Croix!!!!

8. Member
    Alright well thanks y’all! Just snagged a 7’4” H F legend elite from here on the buy sell forum, for less than what the rest of these I mentioned would have cost new. I am super excited to put it to work.

Additionally, with what I’m reading about for St. Croixs transferable rod warranty, even if the worst happens, it’ll be easier to get back in the water than with Megabass.

9. Member
    Either way both rods are great as mentioned. You will be happy with the 7’4 heavy legend elite. Tactical Bass talks about that rod a lot how they love it for a lot of different reasons and purposes.

10. Member
    I have many St Croix's and the new LT line is really great. The older LT's were a little heavy and didn't balance too well but the new line is lighter and balances perfectly for my needs. Have not tried the Loomis's but have heard great things. Still a St Croix person until.....