Lithium Cranking Battery Recommendation

I m looking to upgrade my starting battery to Lithium and wanted to get some recommendations. I will be using it to crank my Merc 250 Pro XS and run 3 Humminbird Solix units (2 - 10" screens and 1 - 12" screen), my mega 360, and my 2 power pole pumps. I added up the amps for everything and 100ah should be sufficient but I could go even higher to be safe.

135 millertech
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

3. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Ionic 125ah

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Check out our 105ah Cranker. Awesome battery with great BBC pricing.
    Last edited by Impulse Lithium; 03-30-2023 at 04:00 PM.

One of the best things I did with my boat is install two 125ah lithiums in parallel for power. 4 graphs, live, livewells . . . power for days.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

6. Member
    Ionic 125

7. Member
    I recently installed Powerhouse batteries and chargers for all my needs in my walleye boat. I’m really happy with the setup to this point. The cranker/house batteries are wired in parallel; this might be overkill for most applications but the Verado power steering pump sucks batteries down fast if the big motor isn’t running and I’m trolling off the kicker. The cranker/house battery meets all Mercury specs for my Verado and has a jump start button and all batteries have Bluetooth monitoring via an easy to use app.

8. Member
    Ionic 125 heated

9. Member
    Well guys. I pulled the trigger and purchased an Ionic 125ah from Drewcraft to crank my big motor and also run all of my electronics...Very nice folks and very informative. Will have to provide an update once I have it installed and use it for awhile. One thing I failed to mention in my initial post was I was interested in switching to lithium because I have gone thru 2 separate Interstate 31 Series AGM batteries over the past 5 years. Couldn't figure out why until I called my boat dealership asking them if they could look at my rig to determine why this is happening. The first question he asked me when I described my issue was "Describe to me your electronics configuration". I told him I am running 2 Solix 10's and 1 Solix 12 for my mega 360. He said the Solix units was my problem. He said he can't count how many times he has seen this same issue with people using multiple Solix units. He stated the Solix units are power hogs compared to the Helix line. I told him the Amp usage on Hbirds spec sheet was very similar between say a Helix 10 and Solix 10 so at that point I wasn't sure I believed him. However, when I started talking to several people from these different Lithium dealerships and explained my electronics configuration, 3 of the 5 Lithium dealers I spoke to confirmed that more than likely it is the Solix units. The one dealer said turn on the lithium app and turn each Solix unit on separately and the app will show what the Amp draw is. I'm curious to know if it lines up with the Hbird spec sheet. Again...will have to update everyone after I've had a chance to use the Lith.

If this does turn out to be the units, am I the only one that didn't know this was an issue with Solix?

10. Member
    I had similar issues getting any Interstate battery to last with my setup. I am running 4 Solix 12's, M360, Poles, jackplate, radio, lights, etc...... I eventually went to two Ionic 125ah paralleled for cranking and all electronics. Works amazingly well. Now I have enough juice to fish multiple days without recharge if I had to.
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

Quote Originally Posted by Skincheese View Post
    Well guys. I pulled the trigger and purchased an Ionic 125ah from Drewcraft to crank my big motor and also run all of my electronics...Very nice folks and very informative. Will have to provide an update once I have it installed and use it for awhile. One thing I failed to mention in my initial post was I was interested in switching to lithium because I have gone thru 2 separate Interstate 31 Series AGM batteries over the past 5 years. Couldn't figure out why until I called my boat dealership asking them if they could look at my rig to determine why this is happening. The first question he asked me when I described my issue was "Describe to me your electronics configuration". I told him I am running 2 Solix 10's and 1 Solix 12 for my mega 360. He said the Solix units was my problem. He said he can't count how many times he has seen this same issue with people using multiple Solix units. He stated the Solix units are power hogs compared to the Helix line. I told him the Amp usage on Hbirds spec sheet was very similar between say a Helix 10 and Solix 10 so at that point I wasn't sure I believed him. However, when I started talking to several people from these different Lithium dealerships and explained my electronics configuration, 3 of the 5 Lithium dealers I spoke to confirmed that more than likely it is the Solix units. The one dealer said turn on the lithium app and turn each Solix unit on separately and the app will show what the Amp draw is. I'm curious to know if it lines up with the Hbird spec sheet. Again...will have to update everyone after I've had a chance to use the Lith.

If this does turn out to be the units, am I the only one that didn't know this was an issue with Solix?
    This isn't unique to the Solix units - any touch screen unit 12" or larger will draw significant amount of power. I currently run 3 Solix 12" units, 1 Solix 15" unit, Mega 360, Mega Live and I can fish for two 12 hours days straight without charging.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

12. Member
    As others have said, the Solix units on full brightness are power power hogs. Had the same issues, and just as you did I put on an Ionic 125ah and its been happy fishing ever since.

Plus you are going to find that Pro XS will pump a lot of juice back in to Ionic when you run it. Even a 15 minute run should get 5-10% charge back in to your batteries.

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    10% off the Powerhouse 105 with built in emergency start button . meets or exceeds all merc requirements for cranking lithium. sale priced at K and K Kustomz with BBC discount
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 03-30-2023 at 07:38 AM.