Thread: Sig Cross

Sig Cross

Anyone own one? From everything I've seen and heard about it, I thought the 6.5 CM might be the perfect rifle to set up for night hunting coyotes (possibly hogs if I take it on the road). Then I had a chance to handle one. That's when my bias towards walnut and blued steel came out. I'm not the biggest fan of black rifles but I do own one. I just can't see myself getting comfortable with the Sig. Maybe it would grow on me but that's a fair chunk of change to drop on a "maybe". Any thoughts?

2. Member
    Are those the ones that they had issues with going off when the bolt was worked?

Just about any deer rifle works well in the coyote and hog role but you can get away with less powerful rifles for coyotes. Nothing wrong with a classic walnut and blued steel rifle. If I could pick the perfect coyote rifle I would think 243, 6mm remington, 250 savage, etc.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Are those the ones that they had issues with going off when the bolt was worked?

Just about any deer rifle works well in the coyote and hog role but you can get away with less powerful rifles for coyotes. Nothing wrong with a classic walnut and blued steel rifle. If I could pick the perfect coyote rifle I would think 243, 6mm remington, 250 savage, etc.
    Not sure about a bolt problem. They did have a recall for a trigger problem in 2020.

I have multiple deer rifle options that would work on both but the Cross looked like a good choice to top with a thermal esp. since ammo availability nod goes to the 6.5 these days. A 95 grain flying at 3300+ fps will make up for a lot of range estimate goofs on coyotes while a 140ish gr slug is plenty potent for hogs.
    I was mostly disappointed by the idea of carrying the rifle in the field. I've always carried with one hand or cradled (when not slung over my back). The Cross is a two-hand gun

Dont own one but a friends dad had one and i shot it, i like it, his was suppressed 308. Not sure i care for the 16" barrel versions especially in 6.5 creedmoore, ballistics start off much much better at 22"... thats said the gun came across rather heavy and not sure id like to carry it in yote hunting

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    thats said the gun came across rather heavy and not sure id like to carry it in yote hunting
    That was my first impression too even though I believe the specs say it's only 6.5#. Maybe that's with the short barrel. The one I shouldered had 22" barrel, a Sig scope (compact but I don't know the weight) and no bipod which would only make it that much more top heavy.