EASY GEL COAT RESTORATION OPTION

JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT MAY BE TRYING TO RESTORE THE GELCOAT ON THEIR RIG THAT I FOUND A PRODUCT THAT DOES A DARN GOOD JOB WITH NOT A LOT OF EFFORT. It's A PRODUCT I RAN ACROSS YEARS AGO CALLED SHINE-ON. SIMPLE PROCESS AND WORKS REALLY WELL. AT LEAST IT DID FOR 3 YEARS UNTIL I SOLD THE BOAT. I JUST GOT A KIT FROM PRO-TEC AND GOING TO GIVE IT A SHOT ON AN OLDER ASTRO THAT I RECENTLY PURCHASED. I'LL LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT. SUPPOSED TO BE AWESOME BUT I WON'T KNOW FOR A FEW DAYS AFTER I GET FINISHED WITH THE PROCESS. FYI, I'M NOT AFFILIATED WITH EITHER COMPANY. JUST THOUGHT I WOULD PASS ON A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE GAINED OVER THE YEARS.

2. Member
    Doesn't your hand cramp from holding the CAPS button down all the time?

3. Member
    So I got the Protec kit in yesterday and put it to use today. All I've got to say is that the stuff is amazing! I have bought and restored several bass boats over the years including gel coats. I have never had a product perform as well as the Protec restoration kit! I followed the simple directions and the boat turned out like new again. I recently bought a 1998 Astro dual console 2000. Keep in mind that the boat only has 100 hours on it but has sat outside uncovered for the last 2 years in Brady Texas on a ranch in the West Texas sun. Needless to say, the top cap of the rig was shot and I honestly thought that I was going to have to get a new gel coat put on the top cap. It was so bad that you could feel the metal flake in the color! Usually, that is not a good sign of having any hopes of bringing it back to life with any type of sanding, compound, or buffing. All I can say is I was wrong! I did have to wet sand more than I wanted to get it smooth but I finally was able to get it there. After applying the products as stated in the directions I could not be happier with the outcome! It looks like a new boat that just rolled off the showroom floor in 1998 again! No BS! It was truly amazing! If you are looking to restore an old gel coat then I strongly suggest trying this before you waste your time with anything else! PXL_20230326_200527641.jpgPXL_20230326_200412653.jpg

4. Member
    Looks great and I agree 100%! I've been using the Pro-tec system for 4 years now and i'm extremely happy with it. If you follow the directions in the video the results are amazing, especially after the 2nd coat of sealer. And the sealer is so easy to apply that I do my topcap once a month in the summer just to give it some extra UV protection.
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO