1st Day with AT2

1st Day OTW with my AT2. It's linked to my Carbon 12 at the bow via ethernet to the black box by way of my SS3D box ethernet connection to my 12 Live at the console. 1st impression after having AT1 for the past 2 years is that it has better definition and range than before. Stitching is much better with fewer "dead zones". No ghost tree anymore! Another improvement is that the annoying flash from having either 2D or structure scan on is virtually non existent with the AT2. Big thumbs up for that fix. Had a couple of very brief freeze/black screens but they quickly went away. After about 2 hours non stop for some reason it lost the bottom. I got it back after selecting the defaults on the Active Target screen. Not sure what that was about. Long story short, glad I upgraded and looking forward to getting better with it.

2. Member
    Thanks for a report. I’ve been waiting on an opinion from someone that’s switched. Good news!
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

3. Member
    Similar experience. Upgraded to AT2 and had my first day yesterday--and in a tournament to boot. Was nervous about everything working.

Got to first spot, and all fired up other than the unit saying Active Target could not be found (I had rebooted and selected the new transducer on new install). The message quickly went away without me doing anything, and the FFS started working.

First thing I noticed was reach seemed a bit further and my baits and the fish seemed to be showing up a better. Just marginally, but definitely better. Saw a school 30 feet in front of boat chasing big ball of shad. Was throwing a deep diving CB, chunked it as far as could and saw the bait come up over the fish--and then I killed the bait. Fish swims up to it and then one twitch--fish on. Proceeded to reel in big crappie. Was in a tournament so moved on, but that crappie school was massive.

Went about 5 minutes and then screen blacked out. Unit stayed on--just nothing on the FFS screen. About 20 seconds letter, everything came back. Then about 15 minutes later, it happened again.

Repeated the black screen about three or four times but then never did it again all day.

All in all, AT2 seems slightly better than AT1. Disappointed in the black screen of death, but it was less of a problem than I had anticipated.

If you are on the fence, I would wait it out to get the black screen issue fixed. I was somewhat forced into the change. Ok with my decision. AT2 is better but not a quantum leap forward.

4. Member
    I was gonna post asking if it's worth the swap to AT2... the issues the OP mentioned having with AT1 I don't have... no ghost tree, no flashing, no interference. Wondering if it's even worth the upgrade. The AT1 worked amazing for me last season... and I don't use range farther then 80ft

Quote Originally Posted by Bass_boat_boy View Post
    I was gonna post asking if it's worth the swap to AT2... the issues the OP mentioned having with AT1 I don't have... no ghost tree, no flashing, no interference. Wondering if it's even worth the upgrade. The AT1 worked amazing for me last season... and I don't use range farther then 80ft
    I'm considering it IF the Scout Mode view is an improvement... but will wait for the bugs to get worked out. But I never really have ghost tree issues with AT1, maybe I'm not using it in deep enough water - but typically run 86-88 contrast or whatever and all noise reduction crap off. Same as you I run in mostly 60-80 out. For Scout mode I drop it to 76% or so b/c it's just so damn cluttered.

Anyway, if that's all sorted/improved (Scout Mode views) then I might try the dual AT setup, AT2 on TM in Scout Mode, and leaving AT1 on my DD26 Pole mount for Forward/Down mode. If not, I may still just grab another AT1 on the cheap and run both that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass_boat_boy View Post
    If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!
    Ranger R81
    Lowrance HDS Live 9”
    Lowrance HDS Live 12”
    Active Target 2 on Seelite Pole
    Lowrance Ghost
    Mercury 175