Thread: 3/25 report

3/25 report

Started on small lake about 8am. Water was very dirt unfortunately. Played around with some bigger baits, glide baits and some really small ned,jigs… Also the normal cold water baits. Ended up only getting bites on a 1/2oz blade bait but they were all 2lbs 👍 I also only got bites in deeper water were the schools of bait fish were schooled up. FFFB914A-5B62-4FF3-B75E-47221187FDF2.jpeg

2. Member
    I finally got out for the first time this year. Went to a small local lake. Water temp was 38 degrees. Tried a blade bait, football jig, lipless crank, deep diving crank, and suspending jerkbait. Caught 3 in about four hours, all on the suspending jerkbait. A couple 16 inchers and one 18 incher that was around 3 1/2 pounds. I was hoping to just get one bite so catching three was a pretty good outing. Looking forward to the weather warming up in the coming weeks since the bite will really start to pick up.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    I finally got out for the first time this year. Went to a small local lake. Water temp was 38 degrees. Tried a blade bait, football jig, lipless crank, deep diving crank, and suspending jerkbait. Caught 3 in about four hours, all on the suspending jerkbait. A couple 16 inchers and one 18 incher that was around 3 1/2 pounds. I was hoping to just get one bite so catching three was a pretty good outing. Looking forward to the weather warming up in the coming weeks since the bite will really start to pick up.
    Thats a good outing with the water that cold!! How was the water clarity? I’ve been fighting dirt water we’re I’ve bin.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Thats a good outing with the water that cold!! How was the water clarity? I’ve been fighting dirt water we’re I’ve bin.
    Yeah, I was happy to just get a bite. The water had about 18 inches of clarity, which is pretty dirty for that lake. It had an algae bloom that lasted several months last year, which was also very unusual for this lake. Normally it's got at least 3 feet of clarity and sometimes you can see bottom in 6-8 feet of water, so usually it's a pretty clear lake. Yet another reason I was surprised to even get bites.