Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dual mount on zxr 20

Can the original bow mount be used to add a dual mount plate or will the entire mount be needed? It has the original helix 9 and I have a 12 inch Garmin that I am adding.

2. Member
    Yes, I used a ST8up dual mount plate with the original bracket on my ZXR20. Have a Helix 12 and a Helix 9. No problems.

Quote Originally Posted by KenZ119 View Post
    Yes, I used a ST8up dual mount plate with the original bracket on my ZXR20. Have a Helix 12 and a Helix 9. No problems.
    +1.

I did the same thing with mine but used a Precision Sonar dual stacker plate to mount on the factory riser for my 12” Lowrance and 9” Helix
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    What year ZXR? If 2023 then the straight up will work but puts the units at an awkward angle. If 21 0r 22 then the original bracket is too flimsy for the weight of 2 units. I and others have tried and ruined units in rough water from the original bracket flexing and the unit hitting the deck or bow. We use BBT mounts on our installs for this reason. Believe me I wanted the other route to work as it would be much easier for rigging. ZXR/FXR 20-22 has a BBT mount, and there is a redesign mount for the 23s.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by densik View Post
    What year ZXR? If 2023 then the straight up will work but puts the units at an awkward angle. If 21 0r 22 then the original bracket is too flimsy for the weight of 2 units. I and others have tried and ruined units in rough water from the original bracket flexing and the unit hitting the deck or bow. We use BBT mounts on our installs for this reason. Believe me I wanted the other route to work as it would be much easier for rigging. ZXR/FXR 20-22 has a BBT mount, and there is a redesign mount for the 23s.
    It’s a 23. Do you have any pics of the angle you mention? If it would be better I can get something else. I used the straight up on my old boat and it was fine but it was a blazer.

6. Member
    I have a 21 zxr 20. I have two Lowrance nines in the factory mount with a dual plate from stra8up mounts. It was easy to do. You can put your units in the dual plate and then set it on the skeeter bracket and position it how you like it and drill new holes if you don’t like the position using the existing holes.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nix03 View Post
    It’s a 23. Do you have any pics of the angle you mention? If it would be better I can get something else. I used the straight up on my old boat and it was fine but it was a blazer.
    I did not take any pictures, but the actual single unit factory mount sits further towards the bow on the 23 than it did on the 21-22. So even though they now use a stronger bracket, the bracket is higher up the mounting plate and level. Now when you put the Stra8up/Bolt-on dual plate, even with the drop down that the plate has, the front unit is still close to level with the back unit, and kind of hides part of the back unit. We place everything in mockup with the bolt on, after my BBT from my previous 3 Skeeters FXR/ZXR didn't fit. 3 of us at the dealership, all who fish and install, decided that it was not the best option. I then ordered the new BBT FXR/ZXR mount and very glad I did. Also, ordered the one with the offset to get the units away from the trolling motor. The dealership I work with rigs a lot of FXR/ZXR each year, and always looking for improvements, so if we thought the bolt-on was a good option we would use them. It will definitely work, just had issues with the old deck-it brackets not being strong enough, and the new bracket causing placement issues, esthetic issues. If not the BBT bracket, i would probably try the L looking cheater bracket, forget the maker.
    Last edited by densik; 03-27-2023 at 04:41 AM.

8. Member
    I did not take any pictures, but the actual single unit factory mount sits further towards the bow on the 23 than it did on the 21-22. So even though they now use a stronger bracket, the bracket is higher up the mounting plate and level. Now when you put the Stra8up/Bolt-on dual plate, even with the drop down that the plate has, the front unit is still close to level with the back unit, and kind of hides part of the back unit. We place everything in mockup with the bolt on, after my BBT from my previous 3 Skeeters FXR/ZXR didn't fit. 3 of us at the dealership, all who fish and install, decided that it was not the best option. I then ordered the new BBT FXR/ZXR mount and very glad I did. Also, ordered the one with the offset to get the units away from the trolling motor. The dealership I work with rigs a lot of FXR/ZXR each year, and always looking for improvements, so if we thought the bolt-on was a good option we would use them. It will definitely work, just had issues with the old deck-it brackets not being strong enough, and the new bracket causing placement issues, esthetic issues. If not the BBT bracket, i would probably try the L looking cheater bracket, forget the maker.
    Do you have any pics of the BBT mount you are talking about or part number?

9. Member
    Stra8up mount is the great, I have a helix 10 and 12 on the bow. Works great!!! This is on a ZXR21, I don’t see an awkward angle
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Skeeter ZXR21 Yamaha SHO 250
    1993 Ranger 372 Mercury 150 XR6

10. Member
    Correct, because it is on a 2021. In 2023, Skeeter changed their bow plate (if you click on the link I provided earlier, you will see the new 2023 single bracket and below that is the new duel), which their Single stock bracket is much higher up on the plate and angled back towards the front slightly. Although the new bracket is way stronger, his causes the Stra8up plate, even with the step down on their plate, to have the units actually level. The front one will partially block the view of the back one, unless you have them completely flat. Them they would actually be tilted forward a little. Did you mount the dual plate to the top of the original Skeeter Dec-It bracket on your 2021, or did you use one of their brackets? We originally mounted a few 2020 FXR with the plates on top of the original Dek-It, and I ended up smashing the back unit on the bow plate in rough water. We had one other bent the Dek-it but no damage to the unit. Then when using an Over the peddle mount, mounted to the deck, we feel the unit are then to far over the peddle. As I stated, they are good brackets and will work, but are far from the best option. I have afiliation with any bracket company, we just rig a lot of Skeeters
    Last edited by densik; 03-28-2023 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KenZ119 View Post
    Yes, I used a ST8up dual mount plate with the original bracket on my ZXR20. No problems.

Same.

12. Member
    Correct, because it is on a 2021. In 2023, Skeeter changed their bow plate (if you click on the link I provided earlier, you will see the new 2023 single bracket and below that is the new duel), which their Single stock bracket is much higher up on the plate and angled back towards the front slightly. Although the new bracket is way stronger, his causes the Stra8up plate, even with the step down on their plate, to have the units actually level. The front one will partially block the view of the back one, unless you have them completely flat. Them they would actually be tilted forward a little. Did you mount the dual plate to the top of the original Skeeter Dec-It bracket on your 2021, or did you use one of their brackets? We originally mounted a few 2020 FXR with the plates on top of the original Dek-It, and I ended up smashing the back unit on the bow plate in rough water. We had one other bent the Dek-it but no damage to the unit. Then when using an Over the peddle mount, mounted to the deck, we feel the unit are then to far over the peddle. As I stated, they are good brackets and will work, but are far from the best option. I have afiliation with any bracket company, we just rig a lot of Skeeters
    I like the new plate on the 2023's it would make working up there much easier and nice to have to shells to bring wires out of. I can see why the change could make it a challenge to just add a plate to the factory mount. It looks like it's moved closer to the bow.

My dealer told me that the 2023 ZXR bow mounts will fit all previous year model ZXRs as well.

14. Member
    Mine is mounted to the original bracket that came with the boat. It was level so the Str8up mount worked great, I bet if they called Str8up he could make it work, customer service is really good and that dude takes pride into his products.
    2021 Skeeter ZXR21 Yamaha SHO 250
    1993 Ranger 372 Mercury 150 XR6

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    My dealer told me that the 2023 ZXR bow mounts will fit all previous year model ZXRs as well.
    Does the 2023 have a more heavy duty riser mount? I've looked at pictures but can't seem to tell.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    Does the 2023 have a more heavy duty riser mount? I've looked at pictures but can't seem to tell.

It seems more heavy duty to me. My dealer says the kit is around $100

Probably gonna get one soon and try to get a minute to swap it out.

17. Member
    +1 on the Str8up products!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtech32 View Post
    Stra8up mount is the great, I have a helix 10 and 12 on the bow. Works great!!! This is on a ZXR21, I don’t see an awkward angle
    Was the str8up dual plate added to the original Skeeter mount?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast