Live units with different build dates

I just installed a new 9 live on the front of my boat to compliment a live 12 i put on the console about a month ago. As some other have mentioned these units are not wanting to network together and work correctly. The 9 live works perfectly until you connect the network cable and then it gets sluggish,locks up, and the map card will not share from the 12. I see that I have the 37 version software that is giving others trouble on the 12 lives. I guess i will have to wait for the update like everyone else to be able to network...
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

If you have a Live, and not the newer HDS Pro version, I very much doubt that you will see any more updates from Lowrance for the Live.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

3. Member
    There is an update for the Live units in the works, hopefully we'll see it "in about 2 weeks".

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    There is an update for the Live units in the works, hopefully we'll see it "in about 2 weeks".
    I had seen that as well!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    Sure would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    I just installed a new 9 live on the front of my boat to compliment a live 12 i put on the console about a month ago. As some other have mentioned these units are not wanting to network together and work correctly. The 9 live works perfectly until you connect the network cable and then it gets sluggish,locks up, and the map card will not share from the 12. I see that I have the 37 version software that is giving others trouble on the 12 lives. I guess i will have to wait for the update like everyone else to be able to network...
    I have some live's networked with some pro's and no issues yet. You sure thats whats going on?

7. Member
    Well looks like had a problem with the networking cable. Was working great with my previous units. Wiggled the end on the console unit and now they are linking with no issues.

8. Member
    Well looks like had a problem with the networking cable. Was working great with my previous units. Wiggled the end on the console unit and now they are linking with no issues.
    Well that might have been a misdiagnosis. Switched the 12 on the console of the stroker over to the tin boat. Both boats have new live 12s on the console and live 9s up front. The tin boat has everything new including the network cable. When i first transferred the 12 console unit over to the tin boat it didnt map share with the 9 on the front but after it sit there a while it link and shared but it would stay on a couple of mins then unlink and link again and finally it lost the map card sharing. I guess i will be on the phone with lowrance monday morning to see what they suggest

9. Member
    Soft reset on both units fixed my networking issue and the 12 which was acting wonky. RMP has a good vid on soft and hard resets

Side Note - Latest Software Version for HDS Live, HDS Carbon and Elite FS Displays is: 22.1-65.1.18 .

"We are pleased to announce the release of the Lowrance 22.1 software upgrade. This software is for: HDS LIVE, HDS Carbon and Elite FS Displays. As well as the following companion modules: Active Target, LiveSight, StructureScan 3D, SonarHub and S5100. (Companion Modules need to be upgraded when the software on the Display is upgraded in order to have the full network running the same version.)"

https://www.lowrance.com/downloads/
    Last edited by OBT; 03-28-2023 at 03:27 PM.

11. Member
    Ends in .37 on new ones, that is issue
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

Glad I wasnt the only one to notice the version was differant and I'm having some issues on 1st boot up with sharing network stuff. I would hope we would see updates to the LIVE!
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah