Interface yamaha with humminbird

What would I need to interface new sho with humminbird graph? Mainly want to see hours on the motor?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Lost in Desert.......Help
    Morning,

2020 SHO 250 with Solix 15's, almost never look at engine hours, but I use the digital dash for everything. I removed everything except the fuel gauge for a backup.

I no longer have to look through the steering wheel for anything.

One note; for water pressure I added an additional transducer, that was something I wanted to see.

Z521L Dash.JPG

Best,

BRNut

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BRNut View Post
    Morning,

2020 SHO 250 with Solix 15's, almost never look at engine hours, but I use the digital dash for everything. I removed everything except the fuel gauge for a backup.

I no longer have to look through the steering wheel for anything.

One note; for water pressure I added an additional transducer, that was something I wanted to see.

Z521L Dash.JPG

Best,

BRNut
    I am just wanting to keep up with engine hours and temp and wondering what I need to do that?

4. Member
    Yamaha engine interface kit
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012R2PHG...roduct_details

Thanks most of equipment noted is Lorance does that interface with hummingbird
    NMEA network starter kit
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BBFE98...roduct_details

HB NMEA interface cable
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ND8XJMD...roduct_details

For the Yamaha engine cable running through the corrugated hose from the motor into the hull, I cut the end of the cable off near where it’ll connect to the engine harness. Leave several inches as you’ll be splicing it back together. It’s 4 wires inside the sheath. Pull the corrugated hose off the SHO motor out of its harness end termination. That’ll get you good access to fish a fishtape through the bundle and into the hull. Then, once into the hull, tape the cut end of the engine cable onto your fishtape and pull it through the hose. I actually put a little silicon grease on the cable to help it through. Came through easily for me. The first Skeeter/SHO boat I did a couple years ago it didn’t feed through as easily. Once the SHO cable is in the motor housing, re-terminate/splice the end plug back onto it. And plug it into the appropriate harness on the port forward side. Look for a YouTube video for best visuals.

For the NMEA network - I connected the power for the cable under the dash - several spare power leads ready to use from Skeeter. Make sure you read up on NMEA network connections. The “ends” of the network have to be terminated with their little end terminations. It’s the “drops” off the splitters that you use to go to each of the connected items (SHO, power, HB, etc.).

You can also get water pressure on the HB, but that takes another easily installed fitting on the SHO itself, with no new cables to run. But it’ll take away the pressure reading on the dash analog gauge. I had this on my previous Skeeter and it was better lower pressure readings. But I’m working on a way to have both gauge and HB screen show the water pressure. I just need to source the proper “T” fittings and such.