New Mercury 250 4 stroke on order experience

I was told that my new motor would be in in January. Then February. Then March. No show yet. No updates lately.
    Is it my dealer or is Mercury awful at delivery?
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Member
    I would suspect that neither is awful. It is just a sign of the times. Exact same thing is happening at Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda.

If and when new motors are built, which is not at the rate that it used to be, boat builders are taking priority when it comes to getting new motors.

Took 3 weeks less than 2 years to get mine. Got it 2 weeks ago
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

4. Member
    I called about one and was told I can get it in a couple weeks ,we will see I put deposit on it

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dwoods View Post
    I called about one and was told I can get it in a couple weeks ,we will see I put deposit on it
    Good luck- that can happen, but only if someone had ordered engines that weren't currently allocated to a "consumer purchase".

I just got one in that was right at 56 weeks from order date.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor