Livescope Battery Set Up - Black Box

Hi Guys - I'm sure this has been previously addressed and hope it's an easy answer.

I have a 31 AGM that runs 3 screens, 250 SHO, PowerPoles and live wells, I've had no issues fishing tournaments and running everything all day long. I'm adding livescope this year to my Garmin and want to keep everything the same and add a battery for the Black Box in one of the rod lockers. I am looking at a 16AH lithium to solely run the black box with it's own charger. Everything seems to say "yes, this will be fine" but wanted to hear what others are doing.

I appreciate any advice!

2. Member
    16AH or 16V

Quote Originally Posted by trackernh View Post
    Hi Guys - I'm sure this has been previously addressed and hope it's an easy answer.

I have a 31 AGM that runs 3 screens, 250 SHO, PowerPoles and live wells, I've had no issues fishing tournaments and running everything all day long. I'm adding livescope this year to my Garmin and want to keep everything the same and add a battery for the Black Box in one of the rod lockers. I am looking at a 16AH lithium to solely run the black box with it's own charger. Everything seems to say "yes, this will be fine" but wanted to hear what others are doing.

I appreciate any advice!
    Rad Brewer

3. Member
    I got a 30ah lithium to run screen and black box. Amped outdoors website shows all the pertinent info on livescope and batteries and they also sell everything as well
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

Black box only draws less than 1a. No reason to run a separate battery just for that.

5. Member
    Thank you - I checked out the Amped website and may go with the 30ah to run the whole set up.

6. Member
    I have an Amped outdoors battery to run the black box only. I normally only use it on tourney day when the live well pumps are running all day (hopefully)

Thank you - I checked out the Amped website and may go with the 30ah to run the whole set up.
    This is the way to go.

I have been running the Amped Outdoors to power the black box and 10 inch Ultra for over a year and it is flawless. Get the “Tall” version, it has screw terminals instead of spades. I routed the charger power cord back to the bilge and tied it into the power cord for my on board charger so I only have one plug for the entire boat.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

9. Member
    thank you everyone! Great idea with the bungy Bill and thanks for sharing the pic.. That's exactly the direction I'm going in. I have a Skeeter Zx250 and will set everything up in the starboard rod locker. I'm taking out the rod holders too and will have plenty of room for a clean install. I figured this will save my 31AGM and I can run heavier wire too.