Ike is voted into the Hall of Fame

I know Ike gets a lot of shade on here and some of it well deserved ("Its a giant" on a 1.2lb bass) and other crazy antics. But let me tell a quick story:

It was either the first year or second year that Bass University was coming to Tulsa, my oldest daughter was going to go with me (she was probably 12 or so at the time) and she wanted to meet Mike. But due to weather and travel issues, he could not make it. One of the staff talked to us about her being there (she was the only girl and the only young girl at the class) and we told them she wanted to have met Mike. Mike made a point of doing a one on one video call with just her! He answered her questions and just chatted with her. That moment made me a forever Mike fan. He took time to spend with my young daughter and that was cool.

Yes is he nuts?! You bet! He is crazy loud and full of crazy emotions when fishing and when not. But he has done a lot for the sport and just impacting people.

Congrats to Mike!
    Sean Fullerton

~~2022 Skeeter FXR20 Limited~~
    Yamaha SHO 250
    Helix 12
    Mega 360
    MegaLive
    Raptors

https://www.youtube.com/ruggedoutdoors

2. Member
    Definitely never heard of anybody else doing that for a fan before. That just another point of proof of what he does for kids.

3. Member
    Congrats IKE !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

4. Member
    He took about 5 mins talking with me and my daughter and an elite event some years ago. He does it for the kids. Ike is a great guy and the few times ive met him he has been great to me and my daughter. Congrats ike!

5. Member
    Great story. I'm a big fan of Ike. He has done a lot for the youths of the sport.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

6. dartag1829
    He deserves it. Problem for BASS is the pool of guys to go in is small. If Bobby Lane makes it back he will be in. Not sure about Ish he had not done much. Maybe they will put some MLF guys in.

7. Member
    Well deserved

Congrats to Ike!!

9. Member
    Congrats to Ike. He’s a great ambassador to the sport.

10. Member
    He’s the only pro that the saying “grow the sport” actually means getting kids involved in fishing. He does more for the community and charity than really any other pro. He might be a wild man, but he’s probably one of the most genuine people fishing today. I’ve always been a fan of his, and his actions off the water speak louder than his performance on. It’s great to see he was inducted into the HOF.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

11. Member
    I like Ike. So he gets a little excited big deal.

12. Member
    Well deserved.