Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    You have a deep V so it really doesn't matter what you do with the HP, it's not a bass boat. Also I find it laughable that no matter how much it get's explained you still can't wrap your head around the fact that there is far more to how a boat performs than just top speed, and a boat with a 150 would be far more than 3-4 MPH faster than the same boat with a 90 unless it is very poorly setup.
    I have to add one thing, as is the habit of the ignorant when they get caught in their own BS, you've attempted to obfuscate your way around dealing with with the validity of your two previous statements. The two statements I noted in my original post in this thread.

BTW, show me where I said ONE word in regards to debating speed/performance?

I simply used my boats performance to demonstrate how your statement regarding "struggling to get on plane" is BS. BOTH of your statements regarding the TV18 that I noted in my original post ARE 100% BS. You simply have ZERO idea what you're talking about in regards to the TV18 and are now trapped in a seine net of your own creation.
    Last edited by Slicefixer; 04-26-2023 at 02:47 PM.

3. Member
    You have a deep V so it really doesn't matter what you do with the HP, it's not a bass boat. Also I find it laughable that no matter how much it get's explained you still can't wrap your head around the fact that there is far more to how a boat performs than just top speed, and a boat with a 150 would be far more than 3-4 MPH faster than the same boat with a 90 unless it is very poorly setup.
    It's not that I don't get it Bassfisher44. I just don't agree that engine size is the end all/be all that you are preaching it to be. "Max the engine out or you're going to be under performing". Handling has more to do with hull type, motor mounting height, prop, weight and it's distribution in the boat than it does with engine size. Hole shot is performance. Speed is performance. Turning without blow out is performance. Stability is performance. All of those things are affected by many things, not just engine size. I can certainly take a boat with a max size motor and make it perform poorly by altering some/all of those things. If it's meeting the needs of that particular boater, it's performing well for them. My previously mentioned 175txw with a 60hp and a four blade spitfire performed wonderfully. You've made up your mind your right and you just hang onto that opinion. That's your right. My opinion is your wrong. That's my right. Have a good day.
    2023 Targa V-19 Combo
    Mercury 200hp XS XL Four stroke
    Garmin Force TM-36v Ionic Lithium Batteries
    Best Speed to date: 51.2mph
    BEST/WORST: Storage / Compartment moisture

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicefixer View Post
    I have to add one thing, as is the habit of the ignorant when they get caught in their own BS, you've attempted to obfuscate your way around dealing with with the validity of your two previous statements. The two statements I noted in my original post in this thread.

BTW, show me where I said ONE word in regards to debating speed/performance?

I simply used my boats performance to demonstrate how your statement regarding "struggling to get on plane" is BS. BOTH of your statements regarding the TV18 that I noted in my original post ARE 100% BS. You simply have ZERO idea what you're talking about in regards to the TV18 and are now trapped in a seine net of your own creation.
    Why do you keep replying to me and use a quote from me that wasn't even directed to you?

5. Member
    Why do you keep replying to me and use a quote from me that wasn't even directed to you?
    That's easy enough.....

Because, once again (as is your tendency in my experience) you jumped into a thread with BS diverting the thread away from its original intention. Btw, it's called "threadjacking."

This thread was posted by a well meaning member in regards to the value of a Tracker TV18 with a 90hp on the back. Your insightful and informative response?..."not much." Please define "not much."

Next, you then state that a TV18 with a 90 on it "will struggle to get on plane."

Something that is patently false.....

Now, myself as well as well as several others have been through this with you before. On at least two occasions with me (as with one other poster in this thread). I do not remember the exact subjects, but, it was the exact same MO. You jump in with your opinion diverting the thread from its original intention (threadjacking) and then refuse to hear anyone's opinion other than your own on. Your opinion is gospel and everyone else's is wrong.....

Now, answer the question that I posed to you earlier..... what is "not much?"

6. Member
    OP....

It's impossible to estimate the value of the TV18 you're looking at purchasing minus a lot more information. TV18's vary by year, with the versions built prior to '03 being rated for a 125.... IF memory serves (its been 6 years since I was researching them and locating mine). I can tell you that they bring a premium if in good condition.

There's a FB group that's specific to the TV18 and they can certainly give you a range if they know the year model of both the hull and the engine, the condition of both, single/dual axle trailer and its condition, how it's equipped, etc.

As an example, both Mr Scott and myself have completely renovated our boats so they're considerably more valuable than a stock boat in average condition. I don't have nearly as much money in mine due to doing all the work myself and his has a brand new 4 stroke on it.... again, if memory serves. They're both much more valuable to a person seeking that specific hull..... just as I was and I think Mr Scott as well.

If you'll review the TV18 FB page as well as FB Marketplace you'll certainly get some idea as to the boats present day value. I'm not much help today as I haven't kept up with their value over the past 18 months. I do have bunch of FB MP ads saved on my page, but they're only current to about 18 months ago.

I can tell you I've seen state of the art equipped V18's go for well over $20k and nicely equipped and good condition boats sell for $15k to $20k. Average boats with 90/115 were bringing $10k+ a year or so ago with above average $12 to $14k. An '08ish in good shape with a 150hp in good shape were +-/ $2k more.

However, the Covid spike is over so I honestly can't tell you how much a solid example will sell for in today's market.

7. Member
    That's easy enough.....

Because, once again (as is your tendency in my experience) you jumped into a thread with BS diverting the thread away from its original intention. Btw, it's called "threadjacking."

This thread was posted by a well meaning member in regards to the value of a Tracker TV18 with a 90hp on the back. Your insightful and informative response?..."not much." Please define "not much."

Next, you then state that a TV18 with a 90 on it "will struggle to get on plane."

Something that is patently false.....

Now, myself as well as well as several others have been through this with you before. On at least two occasions with me (as with one other poster in this thread). I do not remember the exact subjects, but, it was the exact same MO. You jump in with your opinion diverting the thread from its original intention (threadjacking) and then refuse to hear anyone's opinion other than your own on. Your opinion is gospel and everyone else's is wrong.....

Now, answer the question that I posed to you earlier..... what is "not much?"
    Do you know the difference between a fact and an opinion?
    What I have said so far.
    A TV18 isn't worth as much with a 90 on it = Fact
    A boat that is powered to it's max HP performs better than one that is underpowered= fact
    There is more to performance than just top speed= fact
    A Tracker Targa is not a bass boat = fact
    Also I never said a TV18 would struggle to get on plane with a 90 I said a Tracker 195 would.
    The TV18 is a great boat I do agree with you on that, and it is also a bass boat, a Targa V19 that the other guy has is not. I would love to have one of those TV18 Trackers with a 150 on it.

8. Member
    Do you know the difference between a fact and an opinion?
    What I have said so far.
    A TV18 isn't worth as much with a 90 on it = Fact
    A boat that is powered to it's max HP performs better than one that is underpowered= fact
    There is more to performance than just top speed= fact
    A Tracker Targa is not a bass boat = fact
    Also I never said a TV18 would struggle to get on plane with a 90 I said a Tracker 195 would.
    The TV18 is a great boat I do agree with you on that, and it is also a bass boat, a Targa V19 that the other guy has is not. I would love to have one of those TV18 Trackers with a 150 on it.

You sir are the very definition of insufferable.....

I didn't see where OP said "Targa" (walleye version).... did you? Hint..... he didn't.

So as this site is called "Bass Boat Central" and OP didn't mention Targa, walleye, or The Great Lakes IMOP it's a safe assumption he wasn't referring to the walleye deep V version. "Cincy" does run one, but, as he is not the OP (and due to the facts I listed immediately above) it's safe to assume this thread has nothing to do with Targa's. Now,, ALL the threadjack BS you fueled did to some extent, but, not as to it relates to OP's initial question.

Sir, go back and read your own posts. Then review the post I just copied into this one. Then tell me where I'm inaccurate......

Again, this thread was started by OP to try and help OP establish the value of a Tracker TV18 he is considering purchasing. Your initial response "not much. " Please tell all of us what "not much" with a 90hp is? After all, that was YOUR initial response to his question and it was YOUR response to Mr Scott and others that derailed OP's thread.

9. Member
    BTW, I actually do agree with some of what you posted earlier in this thread. It's just the fact that your responses didn't help OP one bit nor did your threadjack.

Your almost condescending know it all manner with other members certainly contributed nothing to answering OP's question. Your participation in this thread is interesting to me. One thing is readily apparent to those of us that actually own and run the hull, you have no real knowledge about a Tracker TV18. Therefore, why are you arguing with members that do own the hull?

10. Member
    You sir are the very definition of insufferable.....

I didn't see where OP said "Targa" (walleye version).... did you? Hint..... he didn't.

So as this site is called "Bass Boat Central" and OP didn't mention Targa, walleye, or The Great Lakes IMOP it's a safe assumption he wasn't referring to the walleye deep V version. "Cincy" does run one, but, as he is not the OP (and due to the facts I listed immediately above) it's safe to assume this thread has nothing to do with Targa's. Now,, ALL the threadjack BS you fueled did to some extent, but, not as to it relates to OP's initial question.

Sir, go back and read your own posts. Then review the post I just copied into this one. Then tell me where I'm inaccurate......

Again, this thread was started by OP to try and help OP establish the value of a Tracker TV18 he is considering purchasing. Your initial response "not much. " Please tell all of us what "not much" with a 90hp is? After all, that was YOUR initial response to his question and it was YOUR response to Mr Scott and others that derailed OP's thread.
    I replied with a quote to the guy who does have a Targa, then you quoted my reply which had nothing to do with you. Hijacking the thread.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post
    Handling has more to do with hull type, motor mounting height, prop, weight and it's distribution in the boat than it does with engine size. Hole shot is performance. Speed is performance. Turning without blow out is performance. Stability is performance. All of those things are affected by many things, not just engine size. I can certainly take a boat with a max size motor and make it perform poorly by altering some/all of those things.
    I agree, but if you have 2 identical boats both set up correctly the one with the bigger motor will do all of those things better. Since you are getting a deep V boat now I wouldn't even worry about it though, just enjoy your leisurely time on it. We used to go out on the lake all the time in a pontoon with a 9.9 on it and had a good time.

12. Member
    I replied with a quote to the guy who does have a Targa, then you quoted my reply which had nothing to do with you. Hijacking the thread.
    Hehehe..... yes that's it.... hehehe

Btw, how does a person hijack a thread that was already hijacked?

Like I said earlier, insufferable.....

13. Member
    Anyone want to go feeeeshing ???? I'm maxed out on HP. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Scott View Post
    Anyone want to go feeeeshing ???? I'm maxed out on HP. LDS