Lake Master Charts Bow VS Console

BBC,
    What chart do you use at the console? What chart do use at the bow? IF you choose a different set up at Console VS Bow Why?

2. Member
    I only have a Navionics and a LKM VX card with two units. I always use the one at console with the best coverage for navigating and searching and then other at bow. I sometimes will swap if trying to stay on a specific contour related target if the other card doesn't show it. If you had a Ipilot Link TM and fishing a lake with the coverage, you would want the LKM card on the bow unit. It depends on which units you're using and waters. Solix and Apex can share maps but Helix can't.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    I only have a Navionics and a LKM VX card with two units. I always use the one at console with the best coverage for navigating and searching and then other at bow. I sometimes will swap if trying to stay on a specific contour related target if the other card doesn't show it. If you had a Ipilot Link TM and fishing a lake with the coverage, you would want the LKM card on the bow unit. It depends on which units you're using and waters. Solix and Apex can share maps but Helix can't.
    Thank You
    I have Helix 10's G4...Solex and Apex can only share with another Solex or Apex Correct? I was using smart strike and found fish with it. My bow did not have those contour lines. Had to put my console chip up front. Later that afternoon needed it back at console.

Guess I will need to pull the trigger and get another chip.

4. Member
    With the Helix models, you would need another map card for the 2nd unit or swap when needed. The Solix and APEX models can share maps between units. Helix models can't share maps with another Helix model or with Solix/Apex. If you have a Ipilot Link TM, you might prefer to have a LKM card for the bow for follow the contour features. I'm ok with swapping map cards for the amount of fishing I get to do but some aren't and would want that duplicate map card for both locations.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

5. Member
    I use whatever chip is best for the lake at both bow and console units. Haveto buy multiple cards, but well worth it in my opinion.

I really like the Lakemaster chip the best, but they do not always have coverage for the lakes I fish. The ability to shade depths is a tremendous asset when trying to find/pattern fish.

I have all Helix G3 or newer models. I use Lakemaster in all of them on HD lakes specifically for following contours with my Ultrex. I fish a couple of lakes not covered by LM so then I use Navionics Platinum. So, same setup on both bow and console.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s