Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

EF4 tornado at Winona Ms

No details yet but evidently a bad one. Another tornado did a lot of damage around Amory Ms. Heard a large bang and power has been off for a good while. Lightning arrestor blew. Two days in a row at that. Quiet a lightning show. Truck just pulled up and they are trying to fix us right now. My hat is off to linemen! I told them it could wait until it completely calmed down but they said we were the only outage they had. For the safety of people that do this.

2. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    It’s very, very bad over here, Ron…

Rolling Fork and Silver City basically flattened… have lots of friends in RF and have only heard from a few.

Taking a quick break from lining up/packing gear… brother & I are headed down there first thing to see how we can help.
    Who controls John Gill?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    It’s very, very bad over here, Ron…

Rolling Fork and Silver City basically flattened… have lots of friends in RF and have only heard from a few.

Taking a quick break from lining up/packing gear… brother & I are headed down there first thing to see how we can help.
    I certainly pray people had enough warning and got to a safe place. Same storms came through here and the cell put down a EF2 doing a bunch of damage. We were in the dark for an hour or better and it just came back on. The only reason I am still up. I knew everything would still be on so I just stayed up until it was fixed. Prayers for those folks!

4. Member
    It was terrible and all need prayers
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

5. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Finally heard from a friend, a bit ago…

’we’re okay house gone’

Praying for more of the former and less of the latter in the coming hours

Last edited by hatcreek; 03-25-2023 at 02:19 AM.
    Who controls John Gill?

They called for these storms but not sure they were expecting the severity of them...that storm that came thru armory was unbelievable on radar...we had a small one come thru Florence and basically wiped power out to half the county...little over 50k residents and the most I've seen listed without power on the outage viewer is 23k...trees down all over town going by pics from some of my buddies and a few friends that work for the city out trying to get it cleaned up...hopefully nothing severe... for those who were seriously affected...that was a crazy strong line of storms...

Edit....up to 26k now...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Praying for all affected! I’ve got friends in Amory… waiting to hear from them.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    At least 10 confirmed deaths confirmed. Now 15 confirmed deaths.
    Last edited by tcesni; 03-25-2023 at 04:37 AM.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

Prayers to everyone out that way.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

10. Member
    PRAYERS FOR ALL INVOLVED

F4 is what hit us in 2021 Dec 10

11. Member
    I just drove through there last night on my way to Louisiana. Our phones lit up with alerts. Steve was watching the radar on his Ipad as we came to it...didn't realize it was a tornado.
    We drove through it's path where it crossed I55 just south of Winona, Ms...we estimate less than 5 minutes after the tornado. Had debris falling on the truck. It was the nastiest storm I ever drove through...with visibility less than 30ft for several miles!

It was intense!! When we got to it's path and seen all the trees on the road and the shredded forest in the lightning flickers...we knew what happened, and how close we were to hitting it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    I just drove through there last night on my way to Louisiana. Our phones lit up with alerts. Steve was watching the radar on his Ipad as we came to it...didn't realize it was a tornado.
    We drove through it's path where it crossed I55 just south of Winona, Ms...we estimate less than 5 minutes after the tornado. Had debris falling on the truck. It was the nastiest storm I ever drove through...with visibility less than 30ft for several miles!

It was intense!! When we got to it's path and seen all the trees on the road and the shredded forest in the lightning flickers...we knew what happened, and how close we were to hitting it.
    Wow, that must have been a crazy experience. Did the debris field shut down the road you were on or were you literally able to drive around the trees, etc.?

13. Member
    A couple Semi's that blew past us about 10 minutes prior were the first vehicles down the interstate after the tornado crossed...and pretty well cleared the path. We were able to get through relatively, I don't think they'd have closed the road.

There was a lot of emergency vehicles streaming north from Jackson...hope everyone that needs help gets it!

14. Member
    for all those affected
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

Prayers for everyone who was affected by the storms last night.

The neighborhood that my sister lives in was hit in Florence. They reported on the news last night that several people saw the funnel cloud. She said nobody hurt that they know of but there is damage to homes.

16. Member

17. Member

18. Member

19. Member
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

20. Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast