2012 619 w/ 200 SHO

Ultrex part’s question

Did they change the shape/size of the steering module since 2016?
    just had the steering module replaced went to reinstall tonight and it doesn’t match up to the bracket.

2. Member
    I thought they updated the module but that they still interchanged. *(the old one wasn't sealed the new one is)*
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

Quote Originally Posted by greg88 View Post
    I thought they updated the module but that they still interchanged. *(the old one wasn't sealed the new one is)*
    Mine fit--they potted it as the ribbon wires were unprotected on the early version.

4. 2012 619 w/ 200 SHO
    2D6766E9-7A3C-43E4-A1D3-2DCEC6E8AC60.jpeg6BF9AB40-3D1B-4057-A700-DEB57F3856B1.jpeg

1st pic is apparently the new style, pulled a buddies off to look.
    2nd pic is the old style. The two holes by my fingers I drilled trying to get it to work but the larger holes are also oval instead of round.

Thats not the steering module I/we figured you were talking about.
    Went to parts diagram, that is the rope pull assembly that the whole steering module attaches to. Definitely something has changed.
    Last edited by fishnfireman; 03-25-2023 at 01:57 PM.

6. 2012 619 w/ 200 SHO
    Well the steering module is the part that I had replaced.
    It has tabs that line up with the holes on the pull rope assembly.

Trying to figure out if the ASC put the wrong steering module on or if I have to upgrade my pull rope assembly too.

Quote Originally Posted by kellisag View Post
    Well the steering module is the part that I had replaced.
    It has tabs that line up with the holes on the pull rope assembly.

Trying to figure out if the ASC put the wrong steering module on or if I have to upgrade my pull rope assembly too.
    thats a question I can't answer hopefully someone will come along with more knowledge.
    I do know there is more than one bracket for a 2016 model.
    Good luck.

I think you got some fortrex parts here,
    Fortex will mount to a ultrex mount, but a ultrex will not mount to to a fortrex mount
    Thank You Leon Pugh

9. Member
    The steering module should have come with a new rope guide assembly. It is part of the kit. If the ASC did the work they should have provided you with the part for you to replace it on the bracket. If not then go back to the shop and ask for the part. If they give you static then call Minn Kota and give them your story. The instrucitns for replacing are in the package.
    If you do not feel confident on the replacement yourself then the ASC should be able to rplace it for you at no extra charge. Again if they give you staic call Minn Kota and gripe.

10. 2012 619 w/ 200 SHO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    The steering module should have come with a new rope guide assembly. It is part of the kit. If the ASC did the work they should have provided you with the part for you to replace it on the bracket. If not then go back to the shop and ask for the part. If they give you static then call Minn Kota and give them your story. The instrucitns for replacing are in the package.
    If you do not feel confident on the replacement yourself then the ASC should be able to rplace it for you at no extra charge. Again if they give you staic call Minn Kota and gripe.
    that’s the plan to call the ASC when they open Monday. Swapped a buddy’s bracket to my boat to use for a trip this week and going to drop mine off at the ASC to replace the rope guide as well.

Hoping it was just an honest over site on his part since I didn’t take the bracket in with it last week.

11. 2012 619 w/ 200 SHO
    All good now, ASC swapped it out this morning.