Thread: Front Deck Size

Question Front Deck Size

Looking to either getting the Lowe 8 series Stinger 198 or CL MX19... Does anyone know the size of the front casting deck of each?

Thanks
    07 STRATOS 176XT

2. #FRB
    The Crestliner is a little wider and both hulls seem to be about as beam forward as it gets. I know this isn't the answer you're looking for but I would buy the one with the layout you like the best because both front decks are huge.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Honestly both are comparable as far as front deck, although the specs show the MX19 as 97" vs 96" in the 198. I also could not find any of the front deck square footage on either model. The Stinger looks like it will be dryer in regard to the compartments as they have a welded raised lip along the edge of the front compartments, the MX19 only has a rubber seal, with really doesn't offer any channel or anywhere for the water to go (all my gear got wet).

After running the MX19 for nearly a year, I would say go with the Lowe if you are not running big water or water with a lot of hazards as the MX19 has .125" aluminum whereas the Singer is only .100".

Let me know if you have any questions on the MX19.

4. Member
    Thanks

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAm View Post
    Honestly both are comparable as far as front deck, although the specs show the MX19 as 97" vs 96" in the 198. I also could not find any of the front deck square footage on either model. The Stinger looks like it will be dryer in regard to the compartments as they have a welded raised lip along the edge of the front compartments, the MX19 only has a rubber seal, with really doesn't offer any channel or anywhere for the water to go (all my gear got wet).

After running the MX19 for nearly a year, I would say go with the Lowe if you are not running big water or water with a lot of hazards as the MX19 has .125" aluminum whereas the Singer is only .100".

Let me know if you have any questions on the MX19.
    If you have a chance can you measure the deck length from the front of console to the bow if it's possible. Just would like to know how much room there is for 2 people to stand side by side on the starboard side or port side.

Thanks.

6. Member
    I see they finely offer the Lowe 198 with a 200 HP, I looked at one a couple years ago but the biggest motor they offered was only a 150 which was way to small for a nearly 20 foot long boat. Now it would be a hard choice between the two. How are the live wells on them? Do they both have pump out and recirculate along with being able to pull fresh water in on a timer, also how big are they? Those would be big deciding factors for me. Also the MX19 looks odd with how far forward the console is.

The next time I am at my boat storage (probably this week), I will take a look and get some measurements. I can tell you I have fished the front deck with me and my just graduated HS angler with no issues. However, it is short in length from the console to the bow, but the back deck is every bit as large as the front one.

Also, if you are on Facebook, go the the Crestliner page posting on June 11, 2021. There is a video of John Cox and Keith Carson on the front deck for some reference. There are also other YouTube videos of John Cox and the Wired2Fish review.

@bassfisher444, yes it definitely looks that way. Crestliner basically took the MX21, and chopped 2 feet off the front leaving everything else the same, which is why it only has a center rod locker. No chance in getting rods in the other lockers.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAm View Post
    The next time I am at my boat storage (probably this week), I will take a look and get some measurements. I can tell you I have fished the front deck with me and my just graduated HS angler with no issues. However, it is short in length from the console to the bow, but the back deck is every bit as large as the front one.

Also, if you are on Facebook, go the the Crestliner page posting on June 11, 2021. There is a video of John Cox and Keith Carson on the front deck for some reference. There are also other YouTube videos of John Cox and the Wired2Fish review.

@bassfisher444, yes it definitely looks that way. Crestliner basically took the MX21, and chopped 2 feet off the front leaving everything else the same, which is why it only has a center rod locker. No chance in getting rods in the other lockers.
    Thanks

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    I see they finely offer the Lowe 198 with a 200 HP, I looked at one a couple years ago but the biggest motor they offered was only a 150 which was way to small for a nearly 20 foot long boat. Now it would be a hard choice between the two. How are the live wells on them? Do they both have pump out and recirculate along with being able to pull fresh water in on a timer, also how big are they? Those would be big deciding factors for me. Also the MX19 looks odd with how far forward the console is.
    Good info thanks