Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I watched a lot of the redcrest and they mentioned bass and the classic quite a bit. Mentioned bass opens too. So you are wrong in that.
    I guess some of the reading comprehension is low.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    I guess some of the reading comprehension is low.
    When you said Boyd I was assuming you were referring to mlf.

Quote Originally Posted by snuffangler View Post
    Is this Commish the same water boss outhouse lawyer guy?

Quote Originally Posted by RealtorRob View Post
    I'm disappointed that B.A.S.S. wouldn't congratulate Poche on his big victory the day before. Keith didn't say anything either so I'm guessing he was asked not to. The BPT mentions BASS during their broadcasts but BASS seems to avoid the MLF or BPT during their broadcasts and apparently even a weigh in. I know some of the BBC loyal will let me know how avoiding the MLF labels is acceptable . But I was hoping to hear a congrats for Poche.
    Yet every single Classic winner including the guys that went to BPT each have a huge banner hanging in the Expo for all to see and a ton of BPT pros are working the Expo and hanging out with BASS officials and fans.
    I think you might be reading a little bit into it.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gaston13 View Post
    Is this Commish the same water boss outhouse lawyer guy?
    Those who forget history are destined to repeat it. 20 years ago there was a blog called "Brushpile" with some very interesting writers.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samleary View Post
    they mention bass in terms of historical accomplishments, because if they didn’t a lot of the guys wouldn’t have big wins to talk about, MLF kind of has to talk about bass and flw wins as well as earnings. I did not catch them mentioning he was headed straight to the classic when he won, or any mention of the classic in the coming days.

It was very silly of Bass to not bring it up today, made them look insecure. People either know he just won or don’t, wouldn’t have had a big impact, but it would have exuded confidence to let him talk about his crazy week and win that literally happened hours before takeoff. Would you lose market share of people tuned into the classic weigh in? That audience is already fully captured, it’s near the end of the darn thing. You would have impressed some, and more importantly, anglers in both fields would have noticed the stark difference, instead they notice there is none.

bass got really lucky so many folks were unreasonably loyal to them during a total collapse of their field. They weathered the storm and have rebounded possibly stronger. Things like this (basically a snub of one of their anglers for their organization’s perceived benefit) and the opens changes (not favoring the anglers but benefitting bass) , show they haven’t lost that knack for being bad at this stuff since their pros en mass left them for dead. Hope they stop forgetting the lessons of a couple years ago soon, but it’s starting to seem like back to the old ways.
    Easy enough don’t like it don’t watch, but there’s been more BPT anglers trying to re-enter BASS than the other way around and that my friend speaks volumes.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    This bass/mlf stuff is a never ending soap opera
    I prefer soap operas with hot chicks.
    John the Garage Doorman

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    I prefer soap operas with hot chicks.
    Prefer Telenovas with hot chicks, midgets with moustaches and firehoses and a Chilean catch phrase

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    Mercer said he’s a great week, so he kinda gave him some love. I wish they would have congratulated him on a big tournament win. They didn’t have to say the tournament or tour.
    Glad I ain't the only one that heard that.

10. Member
    Screw MLF. Give them what they deserve ( NOTHING ) !

11. Member
    Last time I looked at some angler profiles on MLF, there was zero listing or mention of BASS wins for anglers, but they did list obscure regional tourney wins that I’ve never heard of. The pettiness and vindictiveness of MLF is legendary.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samleary View Post
    they mention bass in terms of historical accomplishments, because if they didn’t a lot of the guys wouldn’t have big wins to talk about, MLF kind of has to talk about bass and flw wins as well as earnings. I did not catch them mentioning he was headed straight to the classic when he won, or any mention of the classic in the coming days.

It was very silly of Bass to not bring it up today, made them look insecure. People either know he just won or don’t, wouldn’t have had a big impact, but it would have exuded confidence to let him talk about his crazy week and win that literally happened hours before takeoff. Would you lose market share of people tuned into the classic weigh in? That audience is already fully captured, it’s near the end of the darn thing. You would have impressed some, and more importantly, anglers in both fields would have noticed the stark difference, instead they notice there is none.

bass got really lucky so many folks were unreasonably loyal to them during a total collapse of their field. They weathered the storm and have rebounded possibly stronger. Things like this (basically a snub of one of their anglers for their organization’s perceived benefit) and the opens changes (not favoring the anglers but benefitting bass) , show they haven’t lost that knack for being bad at this stuff since their pros en mass left them for dead. Hope they stop forgetting the lessons of a couple years ago soon, but it’s starting to seem like back to the old ways.

marty mentioned keith fishing the classic on their championship round, and I almost couldn't believe that he did. I'm sure he was reprimanded by Boyd for doing so.

13. Member
    I do not comment here a lot, but BASS drove me to it today. I also plan to contact BASS directly next week.

A $100,000 win yesterday, Keith deserved a congrats., well done by Mercer and BASS. Mercer mentioned FLW wins for other anglers, so why not Keith?

BASS needs to send some tv producers, editors, and announcers oved to MLF to learn how to improve the BASS live stream. The stream today was painful to watch. I had to turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIM-285 View Post
    Screw MLF. Give them what they deserve ( NOTHING ) !
    LOL, I predicted earlier today that once the weigh in was finished the BASS fanboyz would come out of the woodwork.

15. Member
    This thread is great. Never seen so many butt hurt because a guy didn’t get an atta boy.

I bet Poche is just wiping his tears away with $100 bills because they didn’t congratulate him winning on a rival tour. Sounds like the guys crying and throwing a tantrum about it seem to have forgotten all that pettiness that BPT has pulled.

Let’s see, BPT has: cut Ish out of heavy hitters for leaving, fined Birge for leaving to fish the opens, tried to ban anglers from working the classic, purposely scheduled on top of BASS events to prevent anglers from fishing both tours, changed the rules to prevent Lane from fishing this years Redcrest, and changed rules that could lead to banning anglers if they leave or skip an event to fish BASS.

but yes, BASS is a big bad man because they didn’t pay Poche on the back.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 03-24-2023 at 06:57 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by snuffangler View Post
    Thanks never had the privilege of reading what the Commissioner has to say before. Thanks for getting me on the access list for the Commissioner.

17. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    This thread is great. Never seen so many butt hurt because a guy didn’t get an atta boy.

I bet Poche is just wiping his tears away with $100 bills because they didn’t congratulate him winning on a rival tour. Sounds like the guys crying and throwing a tantrum about it seem to have forgotten all that pettiness that BPT has pulled.
    1000 of them
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MI bassassassin View Post
    Easy enough don’t like it don’t watch, but there’s been more BPT anglers trying to re-enter BASS than the other way around and that my friend speaks volumes.
    I’ve been pretty darn pro BASS all along. I just think they are slipping back into their old ways a bit, and agree with the OP that it’s awkward to not congratulate Poche. I’m not losing sleep over it, just agreeing.

funnily enough, my wife happened to see the end of the derby as I was watching it yesterday seeing Poche win. She was like “is that the crazy guy from YouTube who’s always pulling his boat over things?” I explained that he won and how, and that he was in the classic down the road in the next morning with BASS. Cut to me watching the weigh in and she actually asked “that’s the guy from yesterday? are they congratulating him for the tournament yesterday?” Not realizing about the depth of the rivalry thing, which I had to explain that they weren’t and she said “that’s a B**** move.” I tend to agree.

19. Member
    Just think of the heads exploding if somehow Poche wins the Classic.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    I highly doubt he was instructed not to say anything. He's an adult, a seasoned pro and he knows what event he's in.
    Exactly
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast